Plan B

• Loomis13
    NULL

Well with the Canadian border most likely remaining closed, we started searching for a plan B for our June trip. After discussion between Mille lacs, Devils lake, Grenada, and Kab. We settled on Kab. Heading up June 10th and start fishing June 11th. That is assuming the border doesnt open. Looking forward to trying new water and getting on a few fish! We were very happy to hear that Arrowhead lodge still had a room available as a lot pf places were booked with people doing the same as us.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Good to hear you have a plan B locked up. I am working to find a plan B for out group as well since out June trip to Canada is shot. We are considering Rainy Lake, LOTW or Devils Lake, looking at late July or early August.

mnfisherman18

Kab might be my favorite lake, we always go in July. Good luck!

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Devils Lake would be my vote. Fun lake to fish with fish to be caught almost anywhere. People bunch up in certain spots but use your locator and you can find fish everywhere!

Loomis13
    NULL

Kab might be my favorite lake, we always go in July. Good luck!

Thanks! We are looking forward to trying something new. In a way, more exciting than the same trip year after year.

Good to hear you have a plan B locked up. I am working to find a plan B for out group as well since out June trip to Canada is shot. We are considering Rainy Lake, LOTW or Devils Lake, looking at late July or early August.

Devils lake was our first choice. At least until I remembered Kab and Rainy. How do you forget those lakes!? We figured Kab would be more similar to the style of fishing we are used too. We will make it devils one day.

Loomis13
    NULL

Devils Lake would be my vote. Fun lake to fish with fish to be caught almost anywhere. People bunch up in certain spots but use your locator and you can find fish everywhere!

We strongly considered it, however ended up going elsewhere due to fishing weeds and even wood. Thats out of our comfort zone and something we would rather do with a LOTW trip, not in place of! Yeah, we are lazy fisherman haha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.