Pizza near Twin Cities

• robby
    Quad Cities

Hi all. Here in the Quad Cities we have our own style of pizza. We love it, you probably will too. We a friend from high school moved up north and has opened a restaurant in Mahtomedi, MN. It’s called QC Pizza. Dennis is shall we say very imaginative in his pizza creations. There are more traditional pies avaliable too. Give this joint a try. Please ask for Dennis and tell him Rob Groene sent you. QC Pizza, 3150 Century Ave N, Mahtomedi, MN 55115. Please let us know what you think. For the record I’m in no way financially associated with this business. Just trying to help a Brother out and turn you all onto good eats!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20190518-145925_Messenger.jpg

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I’m on the east side always willing to give a new to me place a try. Hope the pizza crust is good.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We’ll be there sometime this week and post the results here.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Make sure to give the barstools one bite pizza review!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

For those from the East Metro, this place is on FIRE as far as getting likes and good reviews on IG, FB, and Yelp. Sounds like a must-try very soon for us.

Nice to have some better locally-owned options up and coming in this area.

Grouse

Timmy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>

Make sure to give the barstools one bite pizza review!

Lol….everybody knows the rules. jester

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looks awesome. I will definatley be trying it. The diablo looks super good and same with the meat pizza. Maybe after work this week I will get in there.
    Good pizza is few and far between in my neck of the woods

robby
    Quad Cities

Thanks everyone! The American Dream!

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Quad City/QC style pizza can be very good. I lived in Davenport, IA for 5 years and developed a taste for that style while living there. My in-laws are still in the area so when we visit I try to get to Harris Pizza for the QC style pizza when I can.
    Looking forward to giving QC Pizza in Mahtomedi a try one of these weekends.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Who knew Quad City had it’s own style of highly regarded ‘Za?!?! That place is not near me, but I may have to make a trip to try it out.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Absolutely, 100% worth the trip to QC Pizza. I’ve been there quite a few times since I live pretty close and it is absolutely top notch. It gets my vote for the best pizza in the Twin Cities, and is probably the best pizza I’ve ever had. That sounds like extreme praise, but I mean every word of it.

Amazing crust, amazing sauce(just a bit of kick in their red sauce, perfect amount), and quality ingredients. It’s also super filling, so while the prices might seem a bit high, you can feed quite a few people with a few pies.

Seriously, give them a try, I am also in no way affiliated with them but it’s been awhile since we’ve had a good pizza place in Mahtomedi (RIP Brian Bell’s ( ), so I hope it sticks around for a long time!

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Oh, forgot to mention, if you like sausage on their pizza, their’s is quite good. I think it’s homemade sausage(could be wrong), but it’s like they make a huge sausage patty and cover the entire pizza with it(or that’s what it seems like). Not just a few chunks of sausage here or there, it’s like full coverage.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The FW and I are going tonight to check this place out.

And Phil, she loves sausage on her pizza so we’ll see what my sponsor says. )

Robby, are you sure they won’t charge me extra if I mention your name?? Wait! I pretend to be you and that BK sent me. Win Win!

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I’ll try this place. It’s right near my house but I didn’t think much of it. The name of the place is not very catchy, so I wrote it off as just another pizza joint.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I’ll try this place. It’s right near my house but I didn’t think much of it. The name of the place is not very catchy, so I wrote it off as just another pizza joint.

Just curious, where does Wharf Rat come from?

I live in Amery, but next time I’m anywhere near this Place I’ll be stopping in.
    Hopefully sooner than later

robby
    Quad Cities

The FW and I are going tonight to check this place out.

And Phil, she loves sausage on her pizza so we’ll see what my sponsor says. )

Robby, are you sure they won’t charge me extra if I mention your name?? Wait! I pretend to be you and that BK sent me. Win Win!

Take your chances!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Media

Check out The Big Dill!!

Love the crust!!
    And Dennis is a great guy too!

We had a Big King (sausage) and a chicken, bacon and ranch.

It’s out of our way but we’ll be back for the pickle pizza.

Attachments:
    1. 3E14F67D-8A63-4F10-84E6-F5A62485143B.jpeg

2. ECC2FED2-C6C4-4880-A5FD-1C94D0EEADCE.jpeg

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Glad you liked it BK, I don’t like dill pickles, but I’ve heard a couple people rave about that pizza.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

It’s a bit of a drive from here, but may be an excuse to bring the little guy to a tournament that way next winter.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thank you everyone! Dennis got ahold of me and thanked me for turning my Fishing Friends onto his place. I gotta love it! After a lot of years I guess a lot of you have become “friends”. Like someone who falls in love with a guy/gal in prison they only talk to on the computer. LOL. Maybe online dating isnt weird. LOBO! doah ??? toast moon

robby
    Quad Cities

BTW we also have another style of pizza originating here. Happy Joes. Inventors of the Taco Pizza and Joe’s Special which is Canadian Bacon and Sourkraut. It is good also, but entirely different. What you will find in QC style Pizza which originated from Harris Pizza in Rock Island, IL and Frank’s in Silvis, IL, is that the pizza is not skimpy. Crumbled sausage and greasy pepperoni are staples here. And they are all cut in rectangles instead of wedges. That is almost a law here. Happy Joes does wedges but they are not in the Quad City pizza catagory exactly. They are their own goodness and have spread International. So if here for a Tournament of other reason try some. Feel free to contact me, I may just join you for dinner.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.