Pier / Shore Fishing in Canada

• Tony Capecchi

One thing I love about fishing is the variety it offers. Generally, I love being as remote as possible in my own boat, but it’s cool how fishing from a pier or the bank has such a different feel to it, and is fun in its own right.

Having fished at many piers and banks of various lakes/oceans in the US, I appreciated this quick story about fishing at the Gimli Main Dock on Lake Winnipeg. Here’s the link:

http://huntfishmanitoba.ca/blog/2018/06/08/shore-fishing-gimli-main-dock

How fun does this look?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I got my fishing teeth cut from shore and I still think its a great way to fish. Honestly I think a lot of people with boats miss out on more fishing opportunities than those who choose to fish shore or piers/breakwaters.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Definitely some great times shore fishing. How my grandpa fished 99% of the time. Can always picture him down there bucket, wax worms, and a bobber rod. Some of the most fun I’ve had was shore fishing on the river. Once we could drive spent many hours casting a Lindy rig out there leaning the rod on a y stick and seeing what swam by.

Tony Capecchi

Agree – sometimes the fishing is as good or better right of the dock/pier! As a kid I fished the pier at Two Harbors, just north of Duluth, to fish Lake Superior. In that case we didn’t catch anything but every year during our annual weekend trip to Lake Superior we fished the pier one evening and had fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.