Passing lane

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

And if they are running a dash camera (as is becoming more and more common) YOU will be paying for any damages and/or loss of life. Your insurance will not cover intentional acts.

yep!
    [/quote]

Bingo.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

How could you prove they didnt see a deer in the ditch? Not trying to advocate for brake checking by any means.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Isnt MN a state where a rear ending is always 100% the rear enders fault?

A trial court would determine who is at fault.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Not with cam footage of a Insurance scam

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

How could you prove they didnt see a deer in the ditch? Not trying to advocate for brake checking by any means.

Who can “prove” what, is why we have courts and trials. You should watch a few dash cam videos and see what truck drivers deal with on a daily basis. (and the resulting aftermath and who paid for it)

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Well thats good to know. Got some horrible advice in drivers ed back in the day then.

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

My truck has sensors telling me when I’m too close to the vehicle in front of me. Its actually kind of annoying.

Quit tailgating then lol. Does it brake for you like the big rigs? Or not not let you use the throttle?

KPE
    River Falls, WI

They don’t want to be behind a boat.

I don’t understand this at all. I’ve had people go through all sorts of effort to pass me when I’m towing at 5 over, only for me to end up passing them in the left lane 3 miles down the road because they slowed down for one reason or another. it happens at least 7-8 times every time I drive to vermilion (about 250 miles for me)

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Carter Johnson wrote:</div>

A trial court would determine who is at fault.

From what I remember, your never 100% not at fault in MN… your being on the road puts you at a minimum 10% at fault. If you weren’t there, it wouldn’t have happened. crazy

duh queen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dee J Anders wrote:</div>
    One tap on the brake, ONE TAP! and I’ll own you. So Back Off!

And if they are running a dash camera (as is becoming more and more common) YOU will be paying for any damages and/or loss of life. Your insurance will not cover intentional acts.

You don’t need “a mile or so” to get in the left hand turning lane.

Uhh, yeah, you do in most of those situations. So how do they say….DEAL WITH IT.
    And I do video tailgaters and reckless drivers. Funny how they assume there’s never anything in the lane ahead of me that might cause me to brake. And Oh, by the way. Because tailgating is illegal, it’s not just the insurance who’ll be paying. It’ll be the tailgater him/herself. Can you say “Punitive Damages”? Once these reckless fools start getting hit in the pocketbook, they’ll wise up right? ha ha ha ha ha! Yeah, I know. That was funny. NOT!
    And until you’ve lost several close friends and family members to tailgater cause accidents(multiple accidents, multiple deaths) you can go pound sand, ’cause your opinion means nothing here.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Quit tailgating then lol. Does it brake for you like the big rigs? Or not not let you use the throttle?

I’m not. My idea of tailgating is riding someone’s bumper. Not being 20 car lengths back.

duh queen

Less than 2 seconds of following distance is driving/following too close. The distance is a function of speed. Therefore the faster your going, the more distance you’ll need to stop safely. And since our youngest, quickest reflexes are wasted on the youth, anything less than 2 seconds for a middle ager isn’t just unsafe, it’s stoooopid.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

And until you’ve lost several close friends and family members to tailgater cause accidents(multiple accidents, multiple deaths) you can go pound sand, ’cause your opinion means nothing here.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but everyone’s opinion means something and is valid to a discussion, even your opinion.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It’s pretty easy to illuminate your brake lights without slowing down. If I were to do it I may even be accelerating.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I know a guy that just has to go over 70mph with our passing lanes even though the speed limit is still 55mph and he drops back down to 60mph or so when the passing lane ends. He lives about 1/4 mile from the end of one passing lane. I don’t understand it at all as he could drive 60 all the way home from work and not lose 30 seconds on the 20 mile drive.

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Swimjiggin wrote:</div>

I’m not. My idea of tailgating is riding someone’s bumper. Not being 20 car lengths back.

Still didn’t answer my question about your rig… I find myself counting 4 seconds from an object. But yeah I’m guilty sometimes quicker than that.

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

I know a guy that just has to go over 70mph with our passing lanes even though the speed limit is still 55mph and he drops back down to 60mph or so when the passing lane ends. He lives about 1/4 mile from the end of one passing lane. I don’t understand it at all as he could drive 60 all the way home from work and not lose 30 seconds on the 20 mile drive.

My complaint from the start of this thread. Had a fella that would grab the left passing lane as soon as it came up just to pass the next car as slow as possible so no one else could when it ended, just shook my head.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Still didn’t answer my question about your rig…

It beeps at me. And then there’s a loud red flash if there’s a collision warning. I hate it.

duh queen

Sorry to burst your bubble, but everyone’s opinion means something and is valid to a discussion, even your opinion.

But opinions are facts.
    Let me rephrase it in a way you’ll understand it. Suppose you’re turning a 1″ AL part in a 24″ chuck. Your manual lathe is capable of 6K rpm, but doesn’t have a brake. Do you use your optimal CS, or, because you understand the physics, do you limit yourself to the speed rating on the chuck?
    Tailgaters, by definition, are self centered narcissists who can’t be bothered with the life and safety of others. They don’t care what happens as long as they get theirs. And if your opinion supports their recklessness, then you become an ally and an enabler of their destructive behavior. In my book, that matters about as much as jim crow and the epidemic of wokist phashism sweeping the country.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Swimjiggin wrote:</div>

My wife can adjust the distance for the alarms on her car. Might be worth your time to check the manual on yours.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My wife can adjust the distance for the alarms on her car. Might be worth your time to check the manual on yours.

Yes, how genius. Thank you, I will look into that.

CaptainMusky

If someone is behind me and I cannot see their headlights they are too damn close.

Jimmy Jones

The 52/35E/35 corridor from Rochester to Duluth, even Two Harbors, is a frigging speed joke. From Roch to S.Paul going the 65 posted limit peole are passing like I am standing still. Of course there are plenty we see getting a visit from the maroon dudes, but it doesn’t help. On 35 between St. Paul and Duluth its more like driving on an Indy course for speed. The one thing about the people with heavy feet is that they’re gone and out of my hair. It’s these pricks that get in the left lane and drive 58 mph and refuse to move over. These people cause more driving issues than anything.

And it appears to me that women are far more likely to be hauling butt, dudes are more likely to be the tail gaters. Regardless, the patrol needs to take the highway courtesy back and get these jack wads off the roads. Both are every bit a hazard as someone on the phone texting or a drunk.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The older I get the more likely I am to leave earlier, drive slower, and just accept the fact that there are always going to be idiots on the road. Be defensive and trust nobody. My family relies on me for far too much to jeopardize my life over a minute or two of driving time, or passing/tailgating someone out of spite or anger.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Y’all need to have a bud light and calm down toast jester

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quite honestly, I used to be the guy that needed to get to the cabin 3 minutes earlier on a hour and a half drive… now I am too busy driving defensively to try to be aggressive. Amazed at how many people cannot put down their phones when driving… weaving, hitting the centerline (thank god for the wake strips) and flat out driving erratic between the lines. Any time I have an approaching vehicle, its all hands on deck to prepare for just about anything to happen. doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Amazed at how many people cannot put down there phones when driving

This is rampant even though its been illegal for years now.

mmitties
    SE MN

The older I get the more likely I am to leave earlier, drive slower, and just accept the fact that there are always going to be idiots on the road. Be defensive and trust nobody. My family relies on me for far too much to jeopardize my life over a minute or two of driving time, or passing/tailgating someone out of spite or anger.

Bucky your post reminded me of what an old timer told me many years ago about his drive from Austin MN to his cabin in Walker nearly every weekend in the summer.

” If you want to get there sooner leave earlier “

Sylvanboat

I got pulled over in the “fast lane” recently. Not another car in sight as far as I could see front or back on 371 near Nisswa.

I was going 6MPH over the speed limit. He pulled me over for literally “staying in the passing lane”…

Doesn’t have much to do with this post but it reminded me of that. I chalk it up to the state trooper was bored.

You should not straddle the passing lane. No excuses.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

One tap on the brake, ONE TAP! and I’ll own you. So Back Off!

No you won’t. This isn’t an episode of Seinfeld where they’ll be your butler.

Although, based on your message, it seems as if you feel you own the road or people.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.