paramount

• Jimmy Jones

How to turn an hour and a half movie into a three and a half hour movie. Frickin commercials.

Michael Best

If you watch any content Paramount has on Amazon Prime you won’t have commercials.
    Meaning open the Paramount app in Amazon Prime.

Jimmy Jones

No Amazon Prime here. And there is, in my opinion, nothing on the tube worth having to pay for some mickey mouse service to stream of whatever.

Ma was looking at the tv schedule in the paper and noted a movie she thought sounded good on paramount so we turned it on. When the movie started it wasn’t the one the paper said it was going to be but she thought it took off ok and decided to stay with it. When the 8 minutes of commercials began after 7 minutes of actual program I came up and played on the computer. At the end of the movie the length of the commercial break was still at 8 minutes while the actual program was down to 4 minutes.

sturgeonman

Strange, I have paramount and there is only about 2 minutes of commercials before a movie starts and then it’s commercial free for the movie. Shows/series on the other hand have commercials throughout the show.

JEREMY
    BP

What the heck paper still has a tv schedule?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Strange, I have paramount and there is only about 2 minutes of commercials before a movie starts and then it’s commercial free for the movie. Shows/series on the other hand have commercials throughout the show.

Same here. Often if you set up the show as a favorite and record it, you can watch it and it will let you fast forward through the commercials

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What the heck paper still has a tv schedule?

1996’s, which might be why a different movie was on… rotflol just kidding Tom! waytogo

eyeguy507
    SE MN

they still make papers? people still have cable? everything is going to be on demand Tom. this generation doesn’t have the patience to plan for anything.

Jimmy Jones

this generation doesn’t have the patience to plan for anything.

I know. But when everything social media, internet or wifi collapses, like at&t did a week or so ago, I’ll still have my sanity. I know people who have turned right around from a fishing trip when their battery and/or electronics went on the fritz. I know of a couple people who can’t hardly get thru a day without spending four or five hours glued to social media. A couple websites like this one is as social media as I get. I have a FB page but use it mostly as a picture host.

Rochester still sort of has a hometown paper…. but its printed in Red Wing and is delivered thru the mail on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I can’t really call it a news paper because anything that’s happened I’ve already heard about by the time the mail gets here.

As for TV….. I hit mute when a commercial comes on and most often take the time to check the fridge or go outside for a breath of fresh air. Most often Ma is watching something and I read.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.