Panoptix PS 22- 93 head unit lag/not reading depth

• crinkle cut

So I went out for the first time of the year on Saturday, my ps22 has worked great until Saturday. Was all slow and laggy, reading 16v, full charge, tried resetting to factory settings, adjusted everything I could, seems to be non functional now except it reads forward/down orientation and water temp, so it’s still connecting to the transducer, just not working as it should. Anyone else experience this? Is my transducer junk?

Henpecked

Been a long time since I used a PS22 so my memory may be a bit off, but I do remember scroll speed adjusted the lag problem. My unit was an old CHIRP unit with PS22 and in the menu some place you could adjust the Scroll Speed to Ultra and it no longer had lag. Not sure the newer units have that feature though.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Possible the transducer is just burning out? What does your power source look like? Do you have any type of noise reduction turned on?

crinkle cut

Could be that the transducer is going out, but hard to believe with the small amount of use it gets, and the care with which it’s handled. I’ll look for scroll speed but haven’t seen that as an option to adjust on any of the menu screens. Will check it out tonight. Thanks for the responses!

crinkle cut

Power source is a Dakota lithium, shows 16.1 v on the display..noise rejection I’ve tried off- high, and no change on any setting.

crinkle cut

I’m not seeing scroll settings other than on-off. I looked through every menu I could find. I’ve got it shut off, not sure though. It’s intermittent. I did a software update that seemed to make it go back to normal, but after a few trips it’s acting up again.

Henpecked

Like I said earlier it’s been a while since having a PS22 so I went into my 106 tonight and found the setting for scroll speed in the sonar section under sonar setup. Now I cannot explain why that would effect Panoptic unless it involves the screen display speed, but I remember positively it cured the lag on my PS 22.

crinkle cut

Ok, I’ll give that a try tomorrow, thanks for the help!

crinkle cut

I tried scroll speed changes, just seems like I’ve got something else going on. It’ll freeze up totally for 5-10 minutes, start working perfectly again, then just skipping and back to frozen after a minute. I talked to Garmin, they wanted me to try a different battery so I did, no change. Update didn’t seem to help, and I swapped with another head unit I’ve got, so possibly am zeroing in on the transducer…hopefully I’ll get an answer soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.