lacrosse area crappie action

• Bowjunkie

Finally got the ice gear out today. Started fishing about 1:00 PM, it was pretty slow with only 3 fish on the ice until 4:00. Then it was like somebody flipped a switch, the marcum started looking like a christmas tree and the fish were hungry but still needed some subtle work. When I pulled the pin at about 4:45 I had 13 crappie in the 9-10 inch range with a couple 9″ gills as a bonus.

I tried quite a few different jigs throughout the afternoon, but I was using a glowin the dark Ratfinkee tipped with a waxie when the dinner bell rang. I was in about 11FOW with most of the fish being caught about 4′ up.

Tight lines

NickJohnson

good job on the crappies and gills sounds similar i was out also and same story i didnt get out until 3ish but after 4 it was on the ones that did bite nailed it i kept 7 for supper tonite the rest lived on i had a glow red gill pill with a waxie and a few on dead stick with a minnow i was in 10 fow with most bites at 6 lotsa water on the ice where i was nice afternoon on the ice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.