White Crappie

• bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Just curious if anybody ran into a school of WHITE crappie this past open water season?
    I caught my share of crappie this year but all BLACK. Not a single white. Come to think about it – it’s been years since I’ve come across a school of whites.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

I wouldn’t say I’ve run into a school of white crappies but we do catch the occasional one on upper pool 8 – they’re pretty rare though.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We’ve got a few lakes in our area that have whites in them. I haven’t caught any size to them though. We’ve got one lake we hope to get more time on this winter that has potential to put out some real dandies.

Bobby5

Fishing my spots on pool 8, I catch some white crappie mixed in with the blacks but, it’s a small percentage and never a school. Interestingly, when I have hit a white they always are nice sized. Good post…it’s nice to be thinking about open-water crappie fishing.

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

Pool 11 coughed up a few during the early open water pre-spawn. The guys who were good with Litle Cecils/Little Mics were killing them through the ice in February until mid-March. They would catch whites for a few minutes then blacks for the next few hours until the whites came through again. Those guys drove me crazy (outfishing me) until one of them finally felt sorry for me and taught me how to use those baits.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.