Last Time Crappies on Pool 8

• Bobby5

I decided to have one last time out today…it was a picture perfect day weatherwise. I went out from 9am to a little after 11am and caught 20 nice crappie plus one decent perch and one gill…all on hair jigs. I have included a picture of the jigs if you can see it okay. The different colored ones on the left all work well in the fall, the two tinsel jigs on the right do better in the summer. I was again in deep water running these jigs over brush. These areas are where the crappie will spend the upcoming winter. If I can get out early enough in the spring they will be in the same place unless the water is high. I’ll be looking forward to next year, trying all the great tips you guys have submitted. Another one I want to try is the dual jigs on one line…tie one jig a foot and a half up from the end of the line with the second jig tied on the end…using two different colors. Sounds like a blast if you could get a double hit. Anyway, today was great…I have included a few pics and I can’t wait till next year. I may try ice fishing even though I enjoy the heat, who knows. By the way, I also got a bonus of two crankbaits the bass fishermen left on the shoreline…it was a good day! BW

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.