Same Special Place, Another New Victim

• mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

This is a very late report, but… Managed to get my brother up to the place during the 3rd weekend of July. I hadn’t remembered that I had pictures (not many at that) of that day.

When we were kids growing up we always fished together taking turns rowing with the other having a fly rod in hand. So this trip to the special place was a re-acquaintance with many of those very old memories!!! So Barry started with fly rod in hand and I knew it might not be the best time of day for that presentation, but figured what the heck as I rowed for caster. I would never relinquish my seat at the oars, but was able to get a couple casts in with the 4# test and the hot cubbies that had been putting fish in the boat during my last outings here. After struggling to get anything to rise to the poppers and my catching three fish in close to three casts, Barry was more willing to put some fish in the boat.

The special place didn’t disappoint either with many gills coming to the boat. We didn’t land any of the over 9″ers I had been getting there, but the gills didn’t let me down in terms of numbers of very good fish to 8.5″!!!

We saw some different areas of the lake that I hadn’t seen before and managed another slab crappie along with a very nice perch.

All in all a very good outing with my brother!!!

Mark

taz
    Frederic wi

Sound like you two had a great time.

ses
    Mississippi River

Good work!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.