Hot Crappies 7/31

• Jake_A

Got out on a small lake last night from about 5ish to 9. Started out fishing brushpiles off the main channel (and never left) with a slip bobber, jig and minnow and the crappies were on FIRE. BIG white crappies all over 10″. No black crappies however. I felt like I was fishing Alabama when those long slender bodied crappies came into the boat. Funny looking fish. It wasn’t every single cast, but when they hit, they were big. Fishing about 17 ft of water about 5-7ft down. Pulled in a bonus walleye (18 inches) to boot. Kept 7 of the crappies with the walleye for a few dinners Only problem all night was the battery for the motor crapped out on a trolling motor only lake(I guess you need to charge them before fishing I forgot I hadn’t charged them ) so I got to row a pleasant LONG way back to the launch. All in all it was a good night. Cannot wait until the weekend when I can watch the bobber fly under the water and off to the side some more

Tight lines

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Sounds like fun…. and don’t you hate when those walleyes get in the way of a good panfish bite…..LOL

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Sounds like a blast, I was just thinking this morning how I need to get out and try for some crappies.

Jake_A

W will add that the water temps were WARM at 89 to 90 degrees. I put my arm in the water and it was MUCH cooler a few feet down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.