Rod and Reel Suggestions

• fredbart
    St. Paul

I am looking for any suggestions for a panfish rod and reel. I want to have a rod that I throw small weighted jigs with enough backbone to not be over wimpy with weeds. The optimal rod would have a really nice touch, would be able to put some length into a cast with a small jig and NO bobber. I would also like to have enough sensitivity to be able to fish it straight off the boat for suspended bluegill and crappie. C

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Last spring I picked up a St Croix Eyecon 7ft Light action rod and I absolutely love it! The rod is light enough to throw small jigs ans still has enough backbone to handle larger fish. The model # is ECS70LF. Good luck and enjoy your search!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Last spring I picked up a St Croix Eyecon 7ft Light action rod and I absolutely love it! The rod is light enough to throw small jigs ans still has enough backbone to handle larger fish. The model # is ECS70LF. Good luck and enjoy your search!

X2 on the Eyecon – Excellent rod for the price.

mfyten

I have a 6’6″ G-Loomis IMX Ultra light. I love it. Super sensative and can cast those jigs a mile.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I always used my walleye rigging rod. St.Croix Avid 7’6 foot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.