Quick Pool-2 Report, 11-1-09

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Well our walleye bite today didn’t materialized like I had hoped, however our crappie bite didn’t seem to change much from my last report

With the rising water and increasing flow over the past several days, the walleyes have shown our boat little interest and the bigger fall fish have successfully avoided us. Fortunately, plan B was to check out some crappie spots and those fish didn’t seem nearly as effect by the change in water.

The top producer today was an orange/chartreuse 3/32oz B-Fish-N-Tackle Precision Jig tipped with a fat-head minnow and placed aprox. 3ft below a cork. Our average fish size was right about 12.5inches or so, with many going over 13” and a few over 14”. All fish caught were released shortly after a quick photo op.

The best part and icing on the cake was that Kevin managed his PB crappie today touching 15inches! Congrats on a great fish dad!

We’ll see ya out there

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Nice report Pete I wish we had crappie that size down here.

stuart
    Mn.

Those are some dandy fish Pete.Nice to have a plan B.

Trumar P4 is loaded with crappies like those

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Very nice crappies Pete!

Congrats to you’re dad on that dandy 15″ crappie.

Not to many places you can go and have that good of a backup plan. Pool 2 sure is an impressive fishery.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice crappies Pete. You getting those guys anywhere near where a person could ice fish them? Sure would like to find a quality ice fishing hole around the metro.

I only managed one walleye today. IT was a nice fat 25″er but still only one. At least there where plenty of white bass, sheepies and even a good number of small mouth to keep me busy.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Nice crappies Pete. You getting those guys anywhere near where a person could ice fish them?

Ehh not where I’d feel comfortable

The same thing has crossed my mind though, where a guy could get into a few through the ice down there.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Atta boy Pete!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Here is the one I got yesterday. She sure had a nice belly on it. They must be feeding some where.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Pete you’re making it very tempting to leave the deer stand and get onto some of those pies!!!!

Jami

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Pete you’re making it very tempting to leave the deer stand and get onto some of those pies!!!!

Jami

Your right Ritt! We may have to re think next weekend And play bumper boats with Pete

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

More big slabs Pete? Don’t you have school or something

Those look like a blast! Good work!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Thanks

Quote:

Thanks Joe, School you say?

My class schedule was well sculpted around prime fishing times

Quote:

Your right Ritt! We may have to re think next weekend And play bumper boats with Pete

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

How many years you planning on staying in school…..you should become a professional student dude

Nice crappies

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Quote:

How many years you planning on staying in school…..you should become a professional student dude

Nice crappies

Thanks Bret, Done in December

I could be the new Van Wilder though

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.