Packers – Ca$h Strapped

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

Drew Brees is a great comparison. Find a lifelong Saints fan and ask them if they’d have rather seen Brees somewhere else and maybe have not had the SB or last few good years, but be in a better financial position today…

Most Saints fans I know were ready to move on from Brees 2-3 years (when they were losing to Kirk Cousins and the Vikings and getting rolled by Brady and the Bucs) before he retired due to not being able to stretch the field anymore and injuries, just saying…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Drew Brees is a great comparison. Find a lifelong Saints fan and ask them if they’d have rather seen Brees somewhere else and maybe have not had the SB or last few good years, but be in a better financial position today…

Most Saints fans I know were ready to move on from Brees 2-3 years (when they were losing to Kirk Cousins and the Vikings and getting rolled by Brady and the Bucs) before he retired due to not being able to stretch the field anymore and injuries, just saying…

Football fans are so quick to forget history (or the parts that don’t fit their argument). ^Not towards you, but whatever fans thought Brees should’ve been gone earlier.

Brees went 2-1 against Brady and the Bucs. He led the Saints to a 12-4 mark his final season. He also suffered 11 broken ribs, a ruptured lung, and a torn ligament in his foot during that season. His passer ratings for his last 6 years of his career are below:

2015: 101
    2016: 101.7
    2017: 103.9
    2018: 115.7
    2019: 116.3
    2020: 106.4

Any Saints fan that wanted to move on from him earlier was just dumb. They probably had a really cute Taysom Hill jersey though. If Brees left earlier, the Saints would have just been worse earlier.

If anything, Drew Brees is a walking perfect example of Rodgers deal making sense for the Packers – surely not the other way around.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Russell Wilson has been traded to the Denver Broncos.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Aaron puts the GB front office on BLAST.

Guaranteed he gets traded end of the season

??

Karry Kyllo

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    Lets hope we don’t have our Minnesota QB for another season. He may not be a Prima Donna, But he’s also not a clutch QB in Big games or tough situations.

Kirk gets hated on a lot for “stats” are padded in garbage time, cant win the big game yada yada yada. The fact remains however that he is an above average QB and he has been held back by Zimmer. How many times have you heard Zimmer say we need to run the ball more? Tons. Cousins’ main issue is the lack of a decent offensive line. If he gets the amount of protection most other QBs get his stats would be even better. He is far from the problem with this team.

Cousins played the same way in Washington prior to coming to the Vikings as he’s played here.
    Yes he’s a great passer and yes he has great stats but I think he lacks the “it” factor. I don’t think he’s a great leader and I don’t think he’s one of those great QBs that can elevate their game when his team needs him to. I’ve watched almost every game the Vikes have played since he became the starting QB and I just don’t see the Vikes ever going to the Super Bowl with Cousins. I don’t think he has it in him.
    It’s a great time to move a QB with good stats right now and I think they should take advantage of the market and move Cousins.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Geez blockbuster trade for Wilson.

Send him to the AFC. Great spot to stockpile more top notch QBs. Maybe a disgruntled Kyler Murray will head to Pittsburgh as a backup plan to Rodgers. Cousins now probably has another Pro Bowl locked up with Rodgers and Stafford passing on it each year for more important things.

Allen, Mahomes, Wilson, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, Mac Jones = all in the AFC

Rodgers, Stafford, Prescott, Murray (whatever his deal is), and Kirk = all in the NFC

Brady = Retired

Doesn’t matter who’s at QB in NFC, pack could beat the niners at home in the playoffs with Jimmy G at QB.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.