Other Fun Hobbies

• mrpike1973

Beautiful painting Sharon. I guess collecting small toy tractors now. Otherwise no other hobbies besides fishing.

Justin Donson

Biggest hobby for me the last couple of years has been climbing, specifically bouldering.

I mainly climb at a gym but have gone outdoors a few times as well.

Bouldering is done usually with just a crash pad and shoes+chalk, no harnesses or ropes to deal with. I’m a wuss so I don’t climb anything very high, and the gym walls top out at about 17 feet(with ample padding on the floor).

It’s an absolute blast. One part physical and one part mental/problem solving. Unbelievable full body workout that’s so just much more engaging than any other type of exercise I’ve done.

Highly recommend it for anyone looking to get in better shape! The gym I go to caters to all skill levels, if you can climb a ladder, then there’s problems there for you to climb!

Beast

I did local bass tournaments from 1989-2020, now I fish for my own enjoyment, sold the bass boat, now run a 2020 alumacraft tiller, had to give up bow hunting due to a stroke but still gun hunt. started trap shooting 12 years ago and love doing that. winter it’s ice fishing!!! garden and grilling in spare time.

MX1825

I can see there are a lot of talented people on IDO. Good job everyone. waytogo waytogo

Brian

Great painting Sharon! I too like to paint, more so in the cold months. Here is one I am hoping to finish…once golf season is over!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2304-scaled.jpeg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Great painting Sharon! I too like to paint, more so in the cold months. Here is one I am hoping to finish…once golf season is over!

Holy crap, you’re an actual painter! bow That is absolutely beautiful and you definitely have to post a photo when it’s done!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Wow the talent on here!

Agreed. Besides the fishing and hunting about all I got is beer drinking and I have shot in a pool league for most of my adult life.

Charles

Awesome paintings, I wish I had that talent my brother has that talent.

Fishing is 100% my hobby right now. Between going back to school, taking care of the kids, wife working nights, and working on a house remodel, I have no time for extra stuff. I would love to get back into bow hunting.

B-man

I’ve got way too many hobbies jester

Great Lakes fishing, normal fishing, ice fishing, mushroom hunting, bow hunting, grouse hunting, waterfowl hunting, turkey hunting, minnow trapping, camping, atv-ing, hiking, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, flipping boats, canoeing, kayaking, etc etc. There’s rarely a dull moment or nothing to do.

But when there is, I like to work with wood. I like building my own real furniture instead of buying overpriced particle board crap.

Here’s a pic of some of my projects, a pedestal for a deer mount, TV table, and bathroom vanity. I’ve done a lot of other ones too, like solid wood bed frames, book shelves, shoe shelves, etc.

It’s fun and a good way to kill a rainy day. I keep them all pretty basic with normal tools every guy has laying around the garage.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230904-170726.png

2. Screenshot_20230906-142133.png

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Nice painting Sharron. A lot of talented people are on here.

Some of my other hobbies are audio reproduction (making absurd speakers), woodworking (cabinets and furniture), rod building, lure making, mountain biking, cooking, and trying to be a good dad. The last one takes up most of my time these days with all the different sports and after-school activities.

mark Mason

I seem to collect those tiny silver spoons from tourist attractions and cities. Not because I want to, but because my friends somehow got the idea that I love them and have been giving them to me for years. It’s some type of funny joke to them, I’ll bet I have hundreds.

My real hobby is collecting wine. I love to learn about how it’s made, where it’s from and enjoying special bottles with family and friends. It’s not a cheap hobby.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I like spending time watching paint dry, time goes by so fast. Here is a wall I just painted white.

MX1825

Agreed. Besides the fishing and hunting about all I got is beer drinking and I have shot in a pool league for most of my adult life.
    [/quote]

So are you better at pool or beer drinking? whistling

B-man I love that pedestal deer mount. Very unique! waytogo

Musky Ed

I do alot of woodturning in the winter. Have works in a few galleries, and had some pieces in a national exhibt. Don’t do as much now as i used to but have switched somewhat to teaching new turners when I have time. Just looked on my phone and I have a few images, can look for more if you want.
    Forgot to add, wife and I also shoot a pool league, have done that for 5 or 6 years, and this year signed up for a second league. Hope I don’t regret that.

Attachments:
    1. 20221224_112220.jpg

2. 20230814_193556.jpg

Jimmy Jones

I enjoy my plastic bait injecting and tackle making.

brandyman
    West central MN

It is fun to see the creativity people have. After my full-time job, then it’s off to the family farm. I am the fire chief in town and the township chair supervisor. I try to hunt and ice fish with the family. I have built a hall tree, a two person farm house desk, a couple of deer stands, fish houses and some other small projects in the winter. None of which i have pictures!

Nice Fella

Lots of great creativity out there – awesome! That woodturning is cool.
    My main activity is road cycling (bicycle). A little dangerous on the roads at times, but great cardio exercise. Biggest reward and motivation is completing a single day 100-mile charity ride in June.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My biggest hobby is avoiding prison. The older I get the less patience I have for stupidity and often feel compelled to let nature take its course. But, I’m addicted to my wife and still love killing hundreds if not thousands of prairie dogs. Don’t think the warden would let me continue my addictions behind bars so I let things go

ThunderLund78

Great Painting, Sharon! I’ve been meaning to take a Bob Ross class because I loved his show when I was a kid and am obsessed with re-watching them on Hulu. I have some ideas of how ice fishing scenes might look using some of his techniques. My problem would be that I’d have a bunch of hack paintings sitting around and nothing to do with them. )

I do a little woodwork, but nothing to brag about. I wish I had more time to devote to broadening my creative horizons. maybe in a few years when the kids are out of school and moved out I will have more time and space.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Born with gasoline in our blood…

Attachments:
    1. 20230808_100633-scaled.jpg

LabDaddy1

Love the sticker on the front of your bike, mark.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Today I painted a small 5×7 canvas and it was fun using some smaller brushes! I’m told I should start naming my paintings, any suggestions?

Attachments:
    1. 20231230_112320-scaled.jpg

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

northern lights

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“Larry”

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I like spending time watching paint dry, time goes by so fast. Here is a wall I just painted white.

I had to bring this one back up.

I’m still cracking up over rotflol rotflol rotflol this one

Why can’t i ever run into guys with this kind of humor? lol

Sharon
    SE Metro

“Larry”

rotflol rotflol

I kinda like it! Maybe I’ll do “Larry’s Cabin in Northern Lights”.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Racketball, rod building, and freshwater aquariums. Eating smoked meat.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I kinda like it! Maybe I’ll do “Larry’s Cabin in Northern Lights”.

sounds like a good name to me!! waytogo

MX1825

Borealis Cabin

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.