One Chip Challenge?

• CaptainMusky

Anyone brave enough or dumb enough to try it? $20 for one chip to utterly punish yourself doesnt seem like a wise investment, but what do I know?
    I saw Jay Siemens just posted a new video so I watched it and he put it in batter and cooked walleye. His reaction is about as you’d expect when you eat something extremely hot.
    Apparently schools have banned this from school because kids have been doing it and then going to the nurses office. LOL

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Looks really stupid.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I think food-related challenges are akin to betting your buddies that you can jump over your dad’s car on bicycle (or some other equivalent). It’s just different challenges for a different generation. Dumb? Yes. Kinda entertaining though? Yes.

I am absolutely thankful I didn’t go through with the cinnamon challenge year ago. Apparently it’s nearly impossible to swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon. I was about to try it when Billy’s nephew Sam stepped in and went for it. His eyes watered up, he was coughing violently, and blowing cinnamon out his nose like a freaking dragon!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

A few of my techs did this… you get more than 1 chip for $20… I did not join them… they were running around with runny eyes and noses for awhile !! jester

deertracker

My son just bought one. The clerk almost didn’t sell it to him thinking it would be illegal to sell to a minor. He and his friends had a boxing tourney in the basement of a friends house. The loser had to eat the chip. My son didn’t box but ate the chip anyways like a boss. He likes really hot food though. It was like $8. Totally worth the investment. rotflol
    DT

tswoboda

He and his friends had a boxing tourney in the basement of a friends house. The loser had to eat the chip.

My faith in our youth has been restored.

CaptainMusky

What happened to what happens at fight club stays at fight club?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I purchased 4 of them at Cub Foods a few months ago when they were heavily discounted to like $3 each (jeez I wonder why now…)

I intended on doing the challenge with my cousins at our Holiday gathering, but i’m really 2nd guessing that decision, perhaps we’ll all just try a small piece of the chip? The videos of people drooling and dripping snot everywhere does not instill any confidence…

Michael Best

Not sure if any of you guys listen to the working class bowhunters pod cast.
    Anyway Eric and Doug have a bet on who will shoot a bigger buck this year. The looser has to eat the chip.
    So far Doug is sitting with a 140 class buck and Eric hasn’t shot one yet.

Doug better win because he thinks ketchup is spicy. lol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    He and his friends had a boxing tourney in the basement of a friends house. The loser had to eat the chip.

My faith in our youth has been restored.

That made me laugh, and I totally agree!

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Part of Mike rowe’s new dirty jobs episode last night he was with the guy who developed the Carolina reaper.

picklerick
    Central WI

My wife is famous around my family for her spice tolerance. My nephew brought her one of these chips and she ate it like it was just a jalapeno. It looked like someone peeled the skin off a mummy and cut it into a triangle. She said she’d eat a 2nd one if it was there but admitted it was the spiciest thing she ever had. About 40min later she said her stomach suddenly felt like she’d been shot and then she spent about 15min puking her guts out. After that she was OK but said she’d never eat one again.

Coletrain27

They have been around for years. I love hot things and want to try it but I can’t get anyone to try it with me haha

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.