West Okoboji,August 8th,2003

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

What a great day to spend a few hours fishing with friends.I fished the first part of the afternoon with Kent Krause(fishing frenzy),we were after smallies.It was a little slow but we ended up with 7 smallies,2 largemouth, and a Kent caught some nice gills.The biggest smallie was at 16.5″‘s and Kent caught a nice 17″ largemouth.I took Kent to a area he has not fished smallies on before and we picked up 5 here.This will give him a another place in the future to chase his favorite fish.Kent is a very nice young man with a bright future on the water.

Around 8:00 p.m. Wade Kuehl and his wife Tamamra(Jollyannmarine) met me for some night walleye fishing.We fished for smallies until sundown and Tami caught a nice 16″ smallie.After sundown we tried crankbaits with no action and then started to work live bait rigs in 12-30′ of water.We ended up with 6 walleyes with the biggest at 16.5″‘s.We also caught 2 nice white bass,a few huge gills, and a drum.It was a very nice night to be out on the water.Wade and Tamara have not done that much night fishing so it was a decent night for us.Wade and Tami were very fun to have in the boat.I’ve had Wade in the boat alot this summer and we always have a great time.Here are a few pics.

Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

And here is Kent with his largemouth,he caught his out of Emerson Bay around 8:00 p.m.He was working a white Terminator buzz bait and it was fun watching him work this bait around brush piles.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Sorry Kent, this was a smaller one!!!Here is bigger one!
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Well, my wife and I got a lesson in night fishing walleye from Ryan Hale and it was a real good time! What a beautiful night on the water. It was nice to have decent moon light to help us out a bit too. I have the pic of Tamara with her smallie but the lighting was so poor it did not turn out well. Here it is anyway. Thanks to Ryan Hale for sharing his time and his knowledge! Have a good weekend everyone!

FishinFrenzy

I’d just like to thank Ryan for taking me out on his boat. It’s not everyday you’ll find people nice enough to take out someone they’ve never met before. It was a fun time on the water and I learned some new spots plus be both caught some quality fish so what more do you want you know. Hopefully we can get out again in the fall when the smallie bite really picks up. Thanks again for the fishing trip Ryan.

FishinFrenzy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.