Off season training

• Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

I need to figure out a training program for the off season.

I woke up this morning with aches and pains from dragging a sled full of gear through the slush yesterday. It was good to be out on the ice even if the only I caught were small ones.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I don’t know what you can do for cardio but google “no gym required” and you’ll find a lot of sites/articles on home exercises without significant equipment.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Dirtbike, you can hurt all year long then…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Be active year round. It’s easy and cheap. I watch some of my buddies start acting like they are dying when they pull a sled a 1/4 Mile. That should be a bodies normal all day every day activity

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

The off season training was really tongue in cheek but I do need to build my Smith sled. I bought cross country skis from a garage sale for that reason, but like many projects it hasn’t happened yet.

Charles

Smitty Sled. lol.

After walking quarter mile in foot deep of snow and slush year, that changed my mind. Damn otter is a stupid tank.

Michael Best

My cardio routines are pretty simple.
    3 to 5 times a week.
    A 40 to 50 lb pack on back and 4 to 5 mile hikes.
    The other option is 15 to 20 mile rides on my mountain bike.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The off season training was really tongue in cheek but I do need to build my Smith sled. I bought cross country skis from a garage sale for that reason, but like many projects it hasn’t happened yet.

X2!

My kids got me a Fitbit watch for Christmas. When I put it on my wrist it dialed 911!!!

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

When I was younger, dragging the deer for them hunting folks was great training…

Ripjiggen

Smitty sled and down hill skis are waaay better than CC skis.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I renewed my gym membership a month ago and it feels amazing! I have a desk job and don’t get the physical activity I like at work, so I make time for the gym doing a combo of cardio and weightlifting. Going for walks is another great way to keep your body healthy! I tried various home-gym ideas and equipment and you really just don’t get the variety at home like you can with a gym.

My health insurance plan now offers rewards for tracking your steps and other fitness related activity! What fitness trackers do you guys use and what are the pros/cons? I know my Android smartphone probably comes with a tracker but if I’m on the treadmill at the gym my phone usually sits stationary on the machine, not in my pocket. I suppose that could be a benefit to a fitness watch like a FitBit, but they seem so pricey! Your feedback is appreciated!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Put 75# in a backpack and walk up and down some minor hills

Attachments:
    1. 55F51983-16ED-4543-86FE-55CC8D54A680.jpeg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.