NOT Political but involves IMPORTANT political subject

• mojo

Please keep this on topic for Jon Jordan’s sake.

MN has introduced a bill that blatantly and intentionally disregards US Federal Laws, multiple US Supreme Court Rulings and the US Constitution. MN HF3628 would make felons out of ordinary, law-abiding people. This bill attempts to outlaw even the possession of what they deem assault weapons, including some of the most commonly owned rifles, pistols and shotguns. This bill would also force every one of these firearms to be registered, which directly defies the US Federal Firearm Owner’s Protection Act.

This is our lawmakers creating laws that make the government more important than the people – exactly the opposite of what the US Constitution directs them to do. And they are doing it in plain sight.

If the bill should somehow pass, our current Supreme Court would likely shut it down. But there is no guarantee it would get to the US Supreme Court or that the court makeup will remain as it currently is. I do not believe this bill will come close to passing, but it brings to light how corrupt these officials have become and that is what needs to be addressed.

Please watch the following video (skip to the 1:10 mark) from Attorney William Kirk for a very clear explanation – this bill is so bad that an attorney from the state of Washington has made a video about it. Then make some phone calls and send emails and get people to vote for lawmakers who will not put the government before the people.

MN HF3628 Affects YOUR rights

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Then make some phone calls and send emails and get people to vote for lawmakers who will not put the government before the people

First of all, if this passes, it is unconstitutional and would never stand. Second, to the delight of conservatives, this would cost democrats the senate and could possibly flip the house and governer.

Win/win for the conservatives if this passes.

I bet it never reaches the floor of either the senate or house.

My only problem with this post is that it belongs on the hunting side.

CaptainMusky

My only problem with this post is that it belongs on the hunting side.

General forum gets the most action and many people don’t use their guns for hunting.

tswoboda

Worth noting if you’re in district 65A/B

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2024-02-16-122718.jpg

Riverrat

They try to put one of these out every year. These bills with specific firearms are junk. I’m glad you put the actual name in their though because now I can track it and watch who puts there name on it so thank you for that.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

General forum gets the most action and many people don’t use their guns for hunting.

Believe it or not there is a general discussion forum there too. Not to mention it still appears on the recent topics list like everything else.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Guns are only for hunting… coffee

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

They’re definitely not for fishing, I know that.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

This is a generic bill that gets introduced virtually every session by a rotating group of inner-city legislators. It has never gotten any traction. It’s always good to keep a careful eye out, but there is nothing new about this bill. Also, because so many of the provisions of the bill have already been thrown out in other states, it’s very unlikely that even if it were to get out of committee, it would ever pass because it is so legally flawed.

CaptainMusky

Believe it or not there is a general discussion forum there too. Not to mention it still appears on the recent topics list like everything else.

Who cares? I post everything in the General Discussion regardless of topic. Guns arent solely for hunting.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Illinois passed something similar to what you mentioned, Gov. Prtizker’s Protect Illinois Communities Act. Be vigilant and don’t let elected officials strip you of your God given rights! Best of luck!

KPE
    River Falls, WI

MN politicians have forsaken the Constitution, now is the time to simply not comply.

Yes of course write the letters, sign the petitions, etc. but they’re going to do it either way. Don’t recognize rules that are repugnant to the Constitution. Don’t willfully give up your rights.

big_g
    Isle, MN

whistling

Attachments:
    1. FISHING-GUN.jpg

mojo

The bill is not the primary issue. It is certainly not about hunting. It is about the right of the American people. The fact that lawmakers would submit a bill that outright contradicts the US Constitution, Federal Laws and the rulings of the US Supreme Court is what people should be aware of.
    As I clearly stated, the bill is unlikely to pass. And yes, the current Supreme Court in its current form would rule it as unconstitutional. However, it is uncertain if or when it would get to the Supreme Court, and there certainly is no guarantee that the SCOTUS will remain in its current configuration. That could change at any time. Justices retire, have accidents, health issues and even die. The makeup of the court could change, two more justices who cannot define a woman would likely guarantee laws like this would become federal laws.
    A person would literally be a felon for simply taking their son/daughter target shooting with grandpa’s old .22 rifle that came from the factory with a tubular magazine. Yes, it IS insane. Get in a fender bender on the way to the range, cop notices a cased rifle in the vehicle, wants to inspect it because cops get a gold star for weapon-related crimes, and enough gold stars lead to promotion, and life as you know it would end.
    A man sitting in prison on felony firearms charges for years, losing his job, family, home, freedom, and rights, while awaiting these lawsuits to make their way through the legal system during appeal after appeal, all the while hoping the SCOTUS will maybe, possibly eventually take the case and then pray that they find in his favor, will probably have a different perspective on how important these bills, laws and choices are.
    Even fishermen should be aware. You don’t have to like guns, but I’m sure you enjoy the rights that the Constitution guarantees.

Riverrat

Whoa there Biggill dont you be telling me how to use my 20mm Anti-Aircraft gun. Sometimes them stupid perch just look at your lure and your left with no choice but to blast.

But seriously both hunting and fishing threads show when I click “within the last day” right, or am I missing half the fun?

LabDaddy1

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Biggill wrote:</div>

Who cares? I post everything in the General Discussion regardless of topic. Guns arent solely for hunting.

X2

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Out of the entire post this is the hill you decided to die on? Good grief. No wonder why posts and threads get removed.

The bill is not the primary issue. It is certainly not about hunting. It is about the right of the American people. The fact that lawmakers would submit a bill that outright contradicts the US Constitution, Federal Laws and the rulings of the US Supreme Court is what people should be aware of.

Take a look around the country. Unconstitutional bills that take away american rights occur constantly and they are constantly being overturned by SCOTUS. This is just more rage bait, like always.

BTW, I thought we were all on the side of letting the states decide?

CaptainMusky

Out of the entire post this is the hill you decided to die on? Good grief. No wonder why posts and threads get removed.

Well you are the one who brought it up or did you forget?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Well you are the one who brought it up or did you forget?

And its literally the only thing you commented about, did you forget?

CaptainMusky

And its literally the only thing you commented about, did you forget?

Nope, I had nothing to add that hadnt already been said. Next.

OG Net_Man

OMG, why don’t people complain about the other posts in the general discussion that clearly has a specific spot for. Example Mille Lacs Reg post… and there are others…

Can we say Karen

CaptainMusky

OMG, why don’t people complain about the other posts in the general discussion that clearly has a specific spot for. Example Mille Lacs Reg post… and there are others…

Can we say Karen

This made me LOL

glenn57
    cold spring mn

[/quote] Captionmusky……i’m generally confused by this statement. doah personally dont care where its posted, i read them all, but can you explain your”many people dont use there guns for hunting”??

i’m assuming you mean target practice……what else?????//

CaptainMusky

Trap shooting, target practice, personal defense. I havent used my guns for hunting in over a year, but have shot them lots during that time.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

many people dont use there guns for hunting”??

i’m assuming you mean target practice……what else?????//

Well self defense comes to mind Glenn

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think he means, nowhere in the 2nd Amendment does it mention “Hunting” or “target practice” for that matter… whistling

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Trap shooting, target practice, personal defense. I havent used my guns for hunting in over a year, but have shot them lots during that time.

waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo i’m no longer cofunsed!!!!!

thanks sir!!!!!!!1 waytogo

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Why is it you guys feel the need to chase people away from the site? Do you really think it makes this site better?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.