NOT Political but involves IMPORTANT political subject

• big_g
    Isle, MN

What’s the difference between a baseball bat and an assault bat ? jester

mojo

For those who may be inclined to preserve their rights and send a message to these legislators who believe they are superior to you and your rights, the following is an extremely simple online petition that will take 15 seconds to send. Name, email and zip code are all that is required. Please use only legitimate email addresses as some lawmakers will try to discredit the petition if counterfeit addresses are entered. Create an email just for these types of things if you don’t wish to share your primary email – personalize a petition email address and register it. Something like [email protected] Very quick and simple.
    Also, the people at MN Gun Owner’s Caucus really do good things in MN and for the entire country regarding all of our rights and freedoms, support them if you can.
    I will leave a cold link address to the petition for those who may want to copy and paste, and I will add a hot link as well.

gunowners.mn/take-action/petitions/stop-the-semi-auto-gun-ban-2024/?__s=n2rfed21jf3mq50qyh0w

Hmmm hot link won’t post, just copy and paste the above address in your internet browser.

OG Net_Man

Sorry, but I will regress a bit. Bring back public hangings. I bet that will reduce capital crimes.

I never said that I was civilized.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sorry, but I will regress a bit. Bring back public hangings. I bet that will reduce capital crimes.

Been saying that for years. Also put it on pay per view and give the money to the victims/families.

Stanley

To bad Armalite Rifle and assault rifle share the same abbreviation. Makes it too easy for the dems/media to connect the two for those that don’t know any better.

OG Net_Man

Half or more of the people in the media or people trying to legislate guns do not know the difference between automatic and semi automatic.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Even more than half of the public think AR type rifles are Military grade… my M16A1 that was assigned to me in the Army had 3 settings… Semi Auto, 3 round bursts and Full Auto. You cannot find a 3 round burst or full auto in the civilian world to buy… they are illegal and its the one law that somehow is not skirted but actually enforced ?

Deuces

Hope this topic stays around bc its always a good chuckle when I read the title.

big_g
    Isle, MN

it is hilarious !!! rotflol

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Hope this topic stays around bc its always a good chuckle when I read the title.

rotflol

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

Correct which as the article says will severely curtail or kill the sport due to added costs and lack of availability. The ban applies to all ammo too hunting and target shooting but the bill specifically calls out the high school league to switch to non-toxic shot.

CaptainMusky

That would be devastating. Its already an expensive sport since the schools dont pay for anything.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I don’t disagree with you guys. Maybe it’s semantics, but to word it as “they are coming for high school trap now” seems a bit sensationalized. I clicked on the article thinking some politicians were using one of the many current events to try and take the guns away and eliminate the HS trap leagues. There are plenty of quiet gun owners who are reasonable, but there’s always a very vocal crowd that turns every single thing into “they’re coming to take our guns!” And I just felt that wording this as “they are coming for high school trap now” sounds kind of like that.

Riverrat

Didn’t the A2 have the 3 round burst and A1 have the full auto? That’s what the marines gave me to play around with when I was a curious boy. And you can totally buy a transferable A1 or A2 if you can afford it. Last full auto transferable “tommy gun” I saw was only about 35 grand. And available at Fleet Farm. Politicians are not firearms experts, but neither is your average person so I don’t blame them for ignorance, just intent.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Didn’t the A2 have the 3 round burst and A1 have the full auto? That’s what the marines gave me to play around with when I was a curious boy. And you can totally buy a transferable A1 or A2 if you can afford it. Last full auto transferable “tommy gun” I saw was only about 35 grand. And available at Fleet Farm. Politicians are not firearms experts, but neither is your average person so I don’t blame them for ignorance, just intent.

With the proper permits you can still buy build and own full auto. A m16 lower is 13k last time I checked.

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

I don’t disagree with you guys. Maybe it’s semantics, but to word it as “they are coming for high school trap now” seems a bit sensationalized. I clicked on the article thinking some politicians were using one of the many current events to try and take the guns away and eliminate the HS trap leagues. There are plenty of quiet gun owners who are reasonable, but there’s always a very vocal crowd that turns every single thing into “they’re coming to take our guns!” And I just felt that wording this as “they are coming for high school trap now” sounds kind of like that.

Point taken

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They tried to introduce a lead ammo and fishing tackle ban last year. It didn’t go anywhere because there isn’t enough alternatives available at a reasonable cost. The lead ban in ammo would only apply on public land.

Reasons cited were that loons were ingesting small discarded lead fishing tackle and eagles were getting lead poisoning when picking away at a gut pile left by deer hunters.

If I remember correctly it was going to be phased in over time, not a hard deadline. There was a thread about it here.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Your correct. I went in 1985 and the first one I was issued was the A1, semi auto and full auto. The A2 came out shortly after and they switched to the 3 round bursts. waytogo

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Eagles are affected by ingesting lead in gut piles? What’s in that lead, fertilizer!?!?!

(credit to Mr. Andrew Dice Clay :))

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That would be devastating. Its already an expensive sport since the schools dont pay for anything.

It is expensive. I helped get our team off the ground in 2013.

I will also say that our local school has been unbelievably supportive of it and has recruited some great coaches, gives an allotted sum of budgeted money (as it does for all sports), helps with fundraising ideas, allows the school venues to be used for fundraising, organizational meetings, printing, collecting fees and paperwork, and just about everything possible short of shooting the clays on school property. If your local schools aren’t supporting it in the same way, call them on it…or better yet PM me and come join our local rural school district. All shooters are welcome!

CaptainMusky

That is great Bucky! My son’s school is supportive and they have great coaches. I will also say that the local Sportsman’s club is pitching in a lot of money from a fundraiser that I believe will pay for all the ammo the kids need which is awesome.

Viewing 24 posts - 61 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.