New ZEBRA MUSSEL Infestation CHRISTMAS LAKE Shorewood, (Hennepin & Carver Co) MN

• dbright
    Cambridge

I had an interesting chat with Mille Lacs CO last weekend and asked him how much water stayed in the jet skis and jet boats after the engine is shut down and he said he had no idea. Does anyone here work around those machines and can say how much, if any, water stays inside the pump housings after the engine stops and the rig is removed from the water?

Jet drives self drain. What I want to know is how much water is left in the ballast tanks on wake boats. I had a guy telling me a few weeks ago his boat holds 4000lbs of water when they wake surf.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Taking with one of my in laws who owns a fancy wakeboard boat he was stating he can’t even launch at some of the local lakes, mainly minnetonka, until he has certification that his boats been decontaminated. Conversation got cut short so nothing more than that, but found it interesting, only leaving more ?’s.

Trouten

This is quite ridiculous. Minnetonka is already infested with zebra mussels. They should be much more worried about decontaminating these boats as they leave the launch. I have seen at least two wakeboard boats launch at christmas lake this summer when there was NOT an inspector present. Based on their size, I’d be very surprised if they hadn’t been in minnetonka recently. Were they properly decontaminated? Doubt it. The people launching them didn’t even stop at the inspection station to look their own boat over… They just back right in to the lake.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.