New vex charger plug…

• carver
    West Metro

Anyone know where to get the barrel plugs for these? Want to convert my newer vex to use a lithium battery and want to convert the charger to use it as well.

Prefer not the cut the one off the current charger.

papaperch

I don’t think you would want to use the Vex charger on a lithium battery. It will not charge it to its full potential.

The Vex charger is designed for lead cell batteries. Wherever you buy the lithium battery . They should also sell the correct charger.

FRS

Agree.
    A proper charger for the lithium batteries is 14.8 volts but comes with alligator clips which are not Vex/Lithium battery friendly. The Vex wiring harness has a nice female plug but the Lithium-Charger needs a matching male plug.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3532-1.jpg

carver
    West Metro

Agree.
    A proper charger for the lithium batteries is 14.8 volts but comes with alligator clips which are not Vex/Lithium battery friendly. The Vex wiring harness has a nice female plug but the Lithium-Charger needs a matching male plug.

Correct, that’s what I want to find. Don’t wanna use my vex charger at all.

I have a few orphaned vex chargers sitting around I’d give away. But I’m on the far northeast side of the metro. Probably too far? Your best bet is to maybe buy a SP200 Power Cable from Vexilar? The size of the plug is odd, I believe 4.0×1.7

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.