New used truck for me

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Mind if I ask why 2021? I have a 18 and 19 that I have been eyeing up.

From the years 2014-2021 there is very little difference in the tundras. I think a 2021 was suggested simply because you would have the newest truck within that range possible. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy any model tundra in that time frame. It’s all the same powertrain

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ben Sehr wrote:</div>
    Mind if I ask why 2021? I have a 18 and 19 that I have been eyeing up.

From the years 2014-2021 there is very little difference in the tundras. I think a 2021 was suggested simply because you would have the newest truck within that range possible. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy any model tundra in that time frame. It’s all the same powertrain

21 was mentioned because the 22s have a different motor

Reef W

I own a 16 ram 1500 that I bought new. Just hit 100k, no problems at all besides a manifold gasket under Warranty. I don’t drive it much because I have a daily work truck but it spends most of its life towing a boat lot of trips to northern MN with a load on. I would buy another 5.7 hemi in a heart beat,

I have a 2013 RAM 1500 with 150k miles that is not daily driver. Only problems I’ve had is manifold gasket and leaking transmission cooler hoses and maybe a pinion seal is just starting to leak now. My only complaint is how much rust is coming through in the last 1-2 years. The bottom rail (don’t know what it’s called) of the cab, especially the back corners are pretty ugly already and the rear wheel wells are both on their way.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Rust is a killer. I spray my under body, fenders door jams and rockers every year with fluid film and don’t have a spot of rust yet it’s spendy but works great.

tswoboda

From the years 2014-2021 there is very little difference in the tundras.

Actually the same powertrain from 2007-2021. Only cosmetic and interior changes in 2014.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

The 2021 Tundra was the last year of the 5.7 and will likely have the highest resale down the road is why I mentioned it. Plus….newer “should” last longer….right? But after all, it is a Tundra whistling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Tundra owners have a saying – rather pay at the pump than at the shop.

Lol this is really cute. Do you guys rehearse this at camp ? I didn’t realize you guys all were butt buddies.
    I guess I’m going to have to meet with ram owners and come up with a quick saying.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Lol this is really cute. Do you guys rehearse this at camp ? I didn’t realize you guys all were butt buddies.
    I guess I’m going to have to meet with ram owners and come up with a quick saying.

I’d rather be cummin then strokin! wink

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Hi Bearcat. Taking shots early this morning I see. If you want to talk with fiat owners you don’t have to look far. They are all at your girlfriends autobody shop having the rust ground off their fenders. Good luck with that catchphrase. How about “fiat puts food on my table”? We can do better

BTW for anyone needing repairs I would highly recommend Bearcats girlfriends shop. She was professional, courteous, and respectful. opposites attract I guess

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I’m going to get crucified on here but i don’t care.
    If i were looking for a truck i would not get anything with a turbo.I would look for a Ford with the 5 litre or the Toyota,and last but not least GM.Dodge not a chance.
    I see to much on Fiat\Chrysler\Jeep that scares me from owning one.JMO

Ripjiggen

So GM Ford or Dodge. All are awesome all of them suck.
    You know what they say about opinions and a holes right.

Good luck in you search.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Hi Bearcat. Taking shots early this morning I see. If you want to talk with fiat owners you don’t have to look far. They are all at your girlfriends autobody shop having the rust ground off their fenders. Good luck with that catchphrase. How about “fiat puts food on my table”? We can do better

BTW for anyone needing repairs I would highly recommend Bearcats girlfriends shop. She was professional, courteous, and respectful. opposites attract I guess

No shots to you personally just a shot at the saying, I didn’t realize it was a thing. That was the first I heard or read it. But yeah opposites do attract. She is a sweet heart and very passive, me not so much. I find it odd that the toyotas are in the shop as much as any other vehicle. But being said that I don’t study one more then another. I do know I wanted to buy her a 4 runner but we went tahoe. I guess I have to come up with a cute saying for them to.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’d rather be cummin then strokin! wink
    [/quote]

Don’t do it in public. The others guys might try to watch.

I don’t have many opinions that are bad. But I can tell you from owning a 5.7 hemi and a 5.3 chev. The chevy is so underpowered when passing at free way speeds. The hemi screams from 70 to 100 the 5.3 makes lots of noise but struggles hard over 70 when my boats hooked up

Umy
    South Metro

A very good friend of the family , a 3rd generation late model racer owns an auto shop.
    As I never buy new I always pick his brain.
    He recommended the Ford 5.4 liter non-aspirated over the other engines FOR WHAT I NEEDED ( to pull my 1775 Lund Impact)
    THat being said I will echo what I said earlier as it came straight from him.
    “Most of the engines/vehicles you are going to buy are pretty similar, they all have their own little issues that always seem to crop up with their brand- HOWEVER – treat them well, maintain them and MOST of the time you will have a good experience.
    I have over 1 million miles in Hondas – loved them. 3 Years ago they were the best. He agreed. Now he drives a Camry – says Honda has gotten lax and cheap in their product.
    The ONE CONSTANT he has: the vehicles he sees the MOST in his shop, new or old- are JEEPS – not even a close comparison.
    Take it for what it’s worth.

Brock Hayes

I was in a similar spot a couple of years ago, looking for a reliable used truck. I ended up finding a great deal on a 2019 model with low mileage and solid towing capacity. The place I got it from was Boom and Bucket.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.