New Mercury Motor Thoughts?

• Iowaboy1

I am sure they will be a phenomenal motor and like anyone else they will have bugs to work out with them,every brand does at one point or another.

that said,like my flight instructor said many years ago,never fly anything with an X in the tail number or fly anything that still has fresh paint on the rudder pedals.

I wish mercury all of the luck in the world with it.

roger

I couldn’t care less about the top end of an outboard’s appearance. I’m far more concerned about the longevity and reliability of any outboard.
    Then again, I’m getting older and my give-a-damn towards what other people think based on appearance is fading rapidly. I’m guessing it will be a quality line of outboards that regardless of looks will perform as expected. toast toast toast

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

the fact that Mercury is taking design and style cues from Evinrude by turning the motor on its side tells me that those G2s have been selling pretty darn well. and Millenials haven’t entered the new boat market in any real force yet…it’s still the Boomers and Gen X doing the buying.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

My take for what it is worth, LOL, is that it does look better on the boat versus stand alone.

One feature that I think is a great idea is the top cover sub compartment to check your oil without removing your cowling. Removing some of the big cowls can be awkward at best.

Removable custom color panels to personalize and or accent the boat color I believe is going to be the norm at some point for all manufacture’s.

Overall, still undecided, but as I look at it more,it seems to be less un-attractive. I have to admit, age does seem to be a factor on change or new looks, at least it seems that way ! :]

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s the eyesight that goes with age Dean. Even tho I can barely see these days those G2’s are still the ugliest thing i’ve seen since the early days of Moto-Ski snowmobiles. coffee

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.