New Boat options

• topdawg1817

I am going to be in the market for a new boat come spring. I already know what I want – Lund 1875 Pro V. I have talked to a local dealer and have what I want on paper. Just wondering of it would be worth it to put that on hold and wait until the winter boat shows and see if I can get a better price. When I had asked a dealer that same specific question I was told that the pricing would be higher come winter time. Decisions decisions…

Dan Baker

We found the best deals at the boat show.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would think a 2016 today will be cheaper then a 2017 at the shows. Now if you are ordering a custom built then wait until the shows although you chance not getting the boat in time for opener. If buying a in stock I would think buying a non currant 2016 would be cheaper. Be sure to shop your dealer against others on the 2016 also.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I would think a 2016 today will be cheaper then a 2017 at the shows. Now if you are ordering a custom built then wait until the shows although you chance not getting the boat in time for opener. If buying a in stock I would think buying a non currant 2016 would be cheaper. Be sure to shop your dealer against others on the 2016 also.

i saved thousands by shopping around. Got a quote from one dealership and was quoted for the same boat from another dealership for literally thousands less. I took it back to the original dealership and gave them a chance to match and they flat out said, “we cant sell this boat for that price”. Pays to shop around, especially if you have all winter to do it.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quality of service obviously comes into pricing as well. I’ve never heard of anyone complain about paying a bit more for the security in knowing you’ll be taken care of. Have heard plenty of the opposite.

Good luck with the upcoming rig, beautiful boats! woot

CBMN
    North Metro

The lund pro v 1875 has some differences from 2016 to 2017. the majority of the difference is in the front deck and how it is constructed and configured. Also a few other changes throughout. I own a 2013 pro v 1775 and can say I would prefer the new front deck to what I have. Something for you to consider.

I also bought my boat about 3-4 weeks before the boat show as all the boat show incentives were in place and mine was a special order so I was in the front of the line and took delivery of my boat about a month before opener.

topdawg1817

Yea, I’m really looking at the 2017’s as I like the changes that they have made. Different front deck, more rod storage in the center, wider beam. I have already played several dealers against each other and have saved quite a bit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.