Networking different gens

• Rhett cooper

Not seeing much information out there so figured I would ask here. Can you network cross generations? Say 3 to 4 or 2 to 4 etc.

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

It depends on what you want to be able to display from 1 unit to the other. For example if you have a gen 3 mega+ and you have a gen 2 non mega unit it cannot display the mega imaging, but if your just wanting say 2d and a lake map you are fine to go between Gens. In order to get mega imaging you have to stay in the same Gen or both units have to have mega capability.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

You Ask, “Can you network cross generations? Say 3 to 4 or 2 to 4 etc.”

Your question is way too broad for an answer!
    What series and which other series and generations are you trying to hook them up too?

Rhett cooper

Say a helix gen 3 to a Gen 4. Running the gen 4 transducer. Sorry, I’m new to the electronics game and trying to figure it out.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Say a helix gen 3 to a Gen 4. Running the gen 4 transducer. Sorry, I’m new to the electronics game and trying to figure it out.

Gen 3 and Gen 4 will share everything except maps in the Helix series, each unit will need a separate card.

Michael Best

To add to what Tom P said if one of the units is a SI unit and the other is a DI unit. The DI unit can still display SI through the network.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.