Ft. Kearney ponds

• SBEBDLLH

Buddy and I fished pond #7 this morning from 7:30 am till 11 when I had to head to work. Did some reading online and everything said if you have not had a bite in 15 minutes move as bluegill are a schooling fish. Moved every 15 minutes the entire time and neither of us ever got a bite. There was 3-5 good inches of ice with slush or frozen slush on top of that. Great time but no fish. Oh well!

Craig

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Craig- it sounds about the same as the fishing around Lincoln right now. It has got to pick up soon!

Sherman will be good Sat.

TMFLDEM

Isnt 7 the lake they killed off and put the wipers in? Cant remmember the numbers out there to save my life. greg and i drove through there last sunday and the ice looked questionable so we passed. If that is the lake im thinking, i would imagine those trees on the southwest side would be the ticket, but being its on the west half of the pond, it may not ahve safe ice on there.

walleye4
    On the Water

No, the pond they killed off was #4. #7 is the swim pit I think. Are you ready for Sat. Dane?

Report I heard is 14-17″ ice!

I’ll call you tomorrow sometime,

SBEBDLLH

#7 is indeed the swim pond and Greg is correct. It was listed in the 2007 NGPC outlook as having a high number of 8+ inch bluegills in it and we gave it a good shot based on that information. Was looking for something close to town where we could get on some good sized panfish and still make it to work at noon but that pond on that day was apparently not the ticket.
    Craig

TMFLDEM

ahh, the swin lake.. Lat time i icefished that lake the water was so clear, you could see the bottom in 10fow. Didnt catch much either

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I was out there at that lake a few years back, and I ran into a couple guys who claimed it was a dynamite catfishing lake after dark. I caught 5 that night, all about the same at 2lbs. I wouldn’t doubt there are a few monsters in there, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.