by way of introduction

• willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

Wanted to check in with all of you…some of you know me from other forums…I’d prefer to see if I can participate over here and behave myself all at the same time…

I reside in beautiful suburban Omaha and primarily chase northern strain largemouth bass in smaller waters (<1000 acres). My favorite bass species, however, are spotted bass…have also been known to target pike, wipers and carp.

Hoping to be able to ask a lot of questions and learn a bit about how other folks fish for bass and improve along the way…

Here’s a couple from the past year…I don’t often share photos from my ‘wall of shame’ (that’s where the walleye photos are kept )…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome Willie Boy!

Hey can you downsize your photo’s to 640×480? I couldn’t find the reply button!

Again, welcome to IDA…and I understand about the wall of shame!

I have one too…but try to hide it…

robby
    Quad Cities

Willie, they seem to tolerate me here. I also completely understand your flavor for those perfect green fish. I also occassionally (holy cow, lots of doouble letters), chase walleyes and saugers. Perhaps only through here have I been able to figure out how to catch a few of those other fish. I gotta admit though, my biggest Walleye yet, a 29 incher was caught during a Bass tourney two years ago. Funny eh? I think so. Never did weigh it, just plop, back in the drink. I had perfect green fish on my mind and was on a schedule. Hope she breeds this winter.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Glad to see you over here, Willie!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Welcome willie boy. Grass carp huh …??? We’ll fix that !!! Just kidding…

big g

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Welcome to IDA Willie boy
    We are a friendly (most of the time ) group of people here. Not sure what other sites you are a member of, but that doesn’t matter on here. Again, welcome to IDA and go ahead and have fun

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome to IDA Willie Boy!

Don’t behave too well. We’re running out of people to yell at and smack around…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Welcome to the site Wille. Hope you find lots of good people and info here.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome Willie!!! Glad to see you made it over here to check things out. This is a fun place with loads of info. A lot of Nebraska guys are starting to take root here. Make yourself at home and don’t hesitate to jump in with both feet here!!

Ben (aka- walleye tracker)

gat
    Glopaint,Capital Northwest Wisc.

welcome to the site willie boy enjoy the site

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Welcome Willie I sure we can help you with any info that you may request and I am also sure that we can help you get over your lmb problem You will luv this place

By the way, don’t be too quick to believe anything that BrianK posts

willie boy

Thanks, guys…look forward to receiving a lot of good-natured comments … to assist you in your future comedic endeavors here’s a primer for willie boy:

1. KSU grad (makes me a Wildcat fan for life)
    2. Favorite reference to Walleyes is ‘Paperbag’ as regards their ‘noted lack of enthusiasm’ on the end of the string…
    3. I’m now officially old and my eye sight is failing (presbyterian myopia?)…but still have plenty of hair.
    4. Got to admit, I’m trying to figure out how/where it’s appropriate to use the ‘moon’ graemlin…

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

2. Favorite reference to Walleyes is ‘Paperbag’ as regards their ‘noted lack of enthusiasm’ on the end of the string…

That’s how I use it.

It’s great to have you here!!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Welcome willie boy!
    Come on in, put your feet up, make yourself at home, as long as there’s no rock chalk jayhawk, we might even let you take your shoes off
    The first step is admitting you have a green carp problem, now that that’s outta the way…

dave

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Bass??? all this time I thought this was a bait fish.

Welcome aboard

willie boy

…hello, my name is willie…I have a Bass addiction…it’s been 64 days and 19 hours since I last tossed a cast for a bass…I haven’t caught a bass in 64 days and 22 hours…

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Willie, Do you fish the Omaha area lakes much? My wife is from Omaha and I lived there for 5 years. We get down there quite often to visit my in-laws. My largest Omaha bass is a twenty-incher from Zorinsky. I’ve had some decent luck on Walnut and Standing Bear too. Maybe we will have the chance to chuck-n-wind together this spring.

Do you ever go up to the Missouri river for bass?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.