Saturday fishing

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I went out and hit the pits tonight for 75 mins or so, ended up figuring out where the LMB were. They were hanging out in the corners of the pits, so areas where you could cast from the shore to another shore were good, so you could drag the jigs down and then back up, and they were whackin em. Ended up with 7-8 LMB, largest was pushing 19″.

Anyone else making it out? Looks like we’re in for a little cool down. About time, we need it.

mroberts
    Nebraska

Went out to Yanney the other day took home 13 good gills and on real nice crappie. Other than that haven’t been much. I hope this cooler weather stays around I am ready for fall walleye on the river.

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

I went out to Kea West on Saturday. I let my oldest reel in the best bass I hooked up with that day. Caught using a jig and pig technique. I spent some time trying to catch a few of the bluegill and sunfish but didn’t have any success. The jigs that they were hitting hard back in June are not getting results now and I have been slow to change up and get a feel for what they want now.

What were they biting on at Yanney?

Went out to War Axe for the first time on Sunday. It is thick with lots of little smallmouth. Them and the sunfish could be seen following just about anything you threw out there and would bite anything they could. Caught a few of the little bass before upsizing the bait so I would have a chance at anthing larger. I saw a few really nice looking ones lurking out there but wasn’t able to catch any this time. Will be heading back there again soon though hopefully with more success.

mroberts
    Nebraska

Just an ice jig with a small piece of crawler at Yanney.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.