Need new boots

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have been using Muck Arctic Sport for a few years. No problems with short trips fishing outdoors in relatively mild weather. Otherwise if my Sorel Caribous cant handle it with a good pair of socks, then I dont need to be out in it.

Bluegill89

This year I got a pair of Muck Arctic Ice’s that I’ve worn for late fall fishing. So far so good and 100% waterproof. I also have a pair of Baffin Titans that are extremely warm but I don’t like the mobility factor they are too big. like others have said get Marino wool socks for breathability.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I replaced my Muck Arctic Pro with Norfin Klondaik boots. They’re an upgrade in every way. The Mucks just didn’t keep my feet very warm after a few hours on the ice, and they’re heavy as heck.

I believe the issue was how tight of a seal the Mucks create around the calf. There’s no air exchange whatsoever, so my feet would sweat and stay damp. I tried every sock or sock combo known to man. The Norfin allow my feet to breathe because of their cloth inner sleeve. I could tell the difference right away. I got home to damp socks with Mucks and dry socks with Norfin. This could also explain why some people love Mucks and other don’t: the size of their calves and the seal (or lack thereof) created.

The Mucks are good boots still. I use them for snow blowing or launching my boat after the docks get pulled, because they pull on and off easily and they’re perfectly waterproof, but they’re disappointing ice fishing boots.

Gerty

I’m surprised you had problems with the LaCrosse Icemans. I’ve had mine for 35 yrs. Never done a thing to them except replace the liners. Maybe mine are old enough to where they were still made the right way. I’d never get rid of mine.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Dry Shod boots, similar to Muck

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Well in the meantime I have attempted a repair. I used a piece of gasket rubber and made a patch for the right boot, and glued the seam shut on the left boot. I use this adhesive called E6000, I’ve had good luck with the stuff.

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it.

SR

acarroline

I just bought a pair of Clam Sub Zero X boots. These will replace some Baffins that are 5-6 yrs old. I was looking for a boot that was warm, waterproof, not overly high to squeeze the calf, and somewhat easy to get one. I’ve done a bunch of resource and ended with these. Time will tell…

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.