need help adding insight genesis contours to my elite 4 chirp

• whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Hey guys,
    Looking for a little help here. I’m trying to add the at5 files from insight genesis to my Elite 4 chirp. My unit is registered and have extracted the exe. file and placed the 5 extracted items on my SD card. I can view to see the files are on my sd card but I can’t get them to show up on the GPS screen. I followed the instructions the shown on their website but it doesn’t give me and option to select okay or click the new maps.

any help would be appreciated.

TripleA
    Blaine

Try clearing the SD card and ONLY downloading a SINGLE lake insight map, then be sure to have the card inserted with no other lake card inserted and power the unit up, you should be able to select your map from the menu. ( I am using HDS 7&8 Gen 2s) But I have found it finicky at times and loading a single lake at a time has worked for my units.

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

What size is your SD card? There may be a maximum size that unit can read.

whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

I’ll give that a try. Right now I have 2 lakes listed on my card. Do I need copy over the large,med,small at5 files including the permit and at5.xml as well? or just pick one of the at5 files to put on the card. I’m currently using a 32GB card which is the max size I can use for my unit.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

You must have all 5 files for a lake. My unit is max 16G so I learned the hard way to use a smaller card.

whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Finally got it to work. Turns out the serial # on my box did not match the serial number on my unit. When I set up the plotter for insight genesis I used the # off the box.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.