Need a new ram rod for 50 cal omega z5

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I can’t seem to locate one my self. Mine has a slight tweak to it and I want to replace it. Thompson center omega z5 50 cal 28 inch barrel. Any leads ?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If you can find a fiberglass one for it, I’d get that. I had a fiberglass one for my old TC and loved it.

Jimmy Jones

I can’t seem to locate one my self. Mine has a slight tweak to it and I want to replace it. Thompson center omega z5 50 cal 28 inch barrel. Any leads ?

Pretty much good luck. I’ve been looking for a solid aluminum rod for two years. I want one tapped on each end and the only rods that seem to be available are CVA junk tapped on one end and flimsy or hollow rods. There are some custom rods available if you want to fork out the $$$.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I believe both my factory original and the fiberglass replacement rod I had was tapped on both ends. I know the original ones are for sure. I believe when I got the fiberglass replacement one it was direct from TC. I just looked at their web site and I don’t see a fiberglass one listed. Maybe they stopped offering them.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well I’m not thrilled by those answers. I was hoping my Google skills were lacking and I just couldn’t find one. I guess I will have to call them and hope for them to have something. Otherwise I’ll be calling a machinist and see if some one can make one for a reasonable price.
    I tried heating mine and re bending it, it’s very close to straight but it rubs and I obviously can’t have that

deertracker

I forgot mine when I was shooting last week. Ended up using a wood dowel out of the wood shop. Worked good in a pinch.
    DT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.