NBA Shut Down for Now

• Chris Norlock

Every team has agreed to stop playing it looks like….

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I thought all sports were stopped with the pandemic???

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

If they want to boycott go ahead won’t bother me I could care less to watch them. Let’s see what happens when the people who watch them boycott then lets see how they are paid?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

NBA is horrible sport to watch any ways.
    This proves the stupidity more

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

moon toast waytogo yay whistling peace

Ok.

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Guess then it’s not really important to these players for the fans to continue to be force fed the slogan on the floor and their T shirts… coffee

Fish To Escape

Brewers game postponed as well. I think we can all agree the packers should forfeit their first game

Tim Chrouser

It’s a good thing they are not playing. If they believe that them stopping entertaining will force changes then that’s what they should do. They are following their heart and their concious.
    I think, however, people find something else to do for entertainment and they’re not playing changes nothing.
    Truth is, kids should be out playing games instead of watching grown ups play them on TV, anyway. Good way to combat our countries extensive youth obesity problem.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

WNBA postponed too… sleeping

eyeguy507
    SE MN

they still playing? don’t let the door hit em in the A$$ on the way out!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Brewers game postponed as well. I think we can all agree the packers should forfeit their first game

I think they should really show em and take the whole year off

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Fish To Escape wrote:</div>

I think they should really show em and take the whole year off

No paychecks either!
    See if they can live on $300 a week!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

No better way to honor a sex offender.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Players held a meeting tonight, the two LA teams- Lakers and Clippers, have both voted to boycott the rest of the playoffs/season. The other teams all wished to continue.

I have no words.. doah ???

gregory
    Red wing,mn

so with all the pro sports “boycotting”, that tells me they side with potential criminals? Nail in there coffin in as far as i’m concerned!they all have brand new stadiums highly subsidized by taxpayers! gonna be interesting ride in the coming years!!

bfishn

The NBA has honestly been unwatchable for quite a few years now. Even with no sports for months during this pandemic, I still haven’t watched a second of it now that it’s on again.

Fowldreams55398

More white privilege. Wait???? Shut the whole thing down forever.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Let them sit it doesn’t hurt anybody. It is exactly what everybody here has wanted, “peaceful protests.” They aren’t rioting, looting or burning anything. Seems that athletes are the ones who “get it.” They know how to draw attention to a cause.

I couldn’t be happier.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Drawing attention to the cause? Does it need more attention? What exactly are these pros accomplishing?

bigpike

One nice thing about covid is we all found out how easy it was to live life without sports. Carry on….

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Drawing attention to the cause? Does it need more attention? What exactly are these pros accomplishing?

One would argue that it has been pretty effective… it’s even getting a bunch of white conservative people from the Midwest on an outdoors forum talking about it. coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well that’ll end racism and cop on black shootings for sure. roll

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Fear the Deer

travelNFish
    Nebraska

I don’t even need a reminder of when it starts back up, since i didn’t care that it shut down, done with them as well as Roger Goodells puppets. I have to admit with no Bid 10 this year, there is a hell of a viewing schedule gap to fill with another expensive hobby yet to be determined.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Fun basketball ends at the second year at the Community College level, so this news isn’t a real heartbreaker.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Gee I wonder why they are not shutting down for all the black on black murders that happen each week in Chicago. I do know because it does not fit the narrative which when stats are looked at more whites are shot by police then blacks.

JEREMY
    BP

That’s already been covered. Technically more blacks are by percentage cause there is a lot more white people. DUH

gregory
    Red wing,mn

How long before some of these sports team start losing sponsors??
    Look at Target, had one of there stores set on fire and looted,now last night there nicollet mall office? and then to have the sports team they support sends a statement out they support the “movement”. funny how there boycotting when there are zero fans in stand and probally dont wanna be there any ways!! How long can they stay on salary with zero money coming in??

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.