NBA Shut Down for Now

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I had to laugh when they asked Zdeno Chara about not playing the games yesterday. Hey eastern European, how do you feel about playing in light of the police shooting?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I had to laugh when they asked Zdeno Chara about not playing the games yesterday. Hey eastern European, how do you feel about playing in light of the police shooting?

Haha. Ya I saw that too. At least the NHL will keep playing.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

…maybe…. hopefully

Anson Carter was Pining on national TV that the NHL is always late to the game on these matters.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

In my line of work what those players are doing would be considered a walkout or illegal strike.:???: crazy

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

In my line of work what those players are doing would be considered a walkout or illegal strike.:???: crazy

It’s not a walkout or strike when the bosses say its ok.

Angler II

And they’re back to playing again. Taking a day off really sent the message…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well the NHL is taking PTO tonight too. Bravo. I sure hope law enforcement has gotten the message. coffee

The world has turned into one giant virtue signal.

By the way did you hear Logan Couture got sucker punched for mentioning orange man? He then walked apologized for being sucker punched and talking about it.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I won’t be watching any NBA the rest of the season.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

It’s not a walkout or strike when the bosses say its ok.

what a bunch of…………….. bosses are setting themselves up for bad things down the road……my opinion anyway.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The problem is if they don’t placate, they lose ad and sponsor revenue. We are headed to you are entitled to an opinion only if it is the right opinion. Or I should say, a certain opinion.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

For those refusing to watch sporting events showcasing these overpaid punks who protest by not playing, we are now up to:

NBA
    MLB
    NHL
    WNBA
    …and whatever the heck the soccer stuff is called

Does anyone want to wager one way or the other on what happens to these respective leagues’ ratings?

I’m hedging my bets on the “no noticable ratings change, and 90% of the people who say they won’t watch it again will barely miss a game on TV or forum topic discussing it”

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

NBA
    MLB
    NHL
    WNBA
    …and whatever the heck the soccer stuff is called

Funny….I don’t watch any of these pro sports, or college hockey or college baseball, or 4 year college basketball [either sex]. Ever. I’ll watch pro football, college football and community college football and basketball. That’s a good plenty. And if covid nixes play this year that’s fine too. I have plenty of other interests. So these fools can boycott away and not bother me a bit.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well it’s only one game. I am not stopping over one game. I still think it is a crass move, but understand it’s all about money, not blm.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have zero problem with teams not wanting to play. It’s a peaceful protest. If it’s what you wanna do, do it.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Thank god we still have Golf!! doah

bigpike

I have zero problem with teams not wanting to play. It’s a peaceful protest. If it’s what you wanna do, do it.

In the end a peaceful protest is what it was. Dr. Martin Luther King would of signed on.

On the other end police need to do there job. If a wanted criminal does not stand down. Reaches for, at the time who knows what in a car and gets shot- does not make it racist.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

On the other end police need to do there job. If a wanted criminal does not stand down. Reaches for, at the time who knows what in a car and gets shot- does not make it racist.

Bingo. BLM wants us to believe that any interaction with police that involves breaking the law is racist.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I’m watching the NBA. It is the best chance the Bucks have to win! But I’m sure they will blow it like they did last year.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Upon reflection, I’m alright with the pause now. This is deeper than Kenosha or BLM. The NHL has put out videos by the players, they aren’t just postponing games in a symbolic act.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

i’ll watch regardless of any position a player/team/league takes. I either like the sport or I don’t. Even as a child, I didn’t give 2 sh!ts what MJ’s, Ken Griffey Jr’s, or Reggie White’s thoughts, opinions, up bringing or religion was. I either liked their game or i didn’t. that’s me though.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Kinda crushed I won’t get to watch the T-Wolves play-off game tonight. sad

OG Net_Man

So what are they protesting specifically? The Kenosha shooting our just a accumulation of things? What are they going to do when a few of these officers are found not guilty?

Anyone watch the movie “The Replacements”?

riverruns
    Inactive

Anyone remember an old time poster here ever saying “the only real sport left is All Star Wrestling “? coffee wave
    The rest of this stuff is fake. toast

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Let them sit it doesn’t hurt anybody. It is exactly what everybody here has wanted, “peaceful protests.” They aren’t rioting, looting or burning anything. Seems that athletes are the ones who “get it.” They know how to draw attention to a cause.

I couldn’t be happier.

For the most part I agree,However there are those middle &lower income employees that work in the Stadiums now going without paycheck or as in one I know furloughed and works 5 days a month.

For the Players, I could care less, all in 7 figure salaries.

Now it will hit the City of Minneapolis as in the case of the Target Center, if the wolves and Lynx don’t play, makes it difficult to make lease payments and without less payments the City is on the hooks for millions in Bonds. Thus, raise taxes to pay them off as City Property owners/Tax Payers expense.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Carroll this has zero to do with no people working the stadiums. There are no people allowed into any of the leagues. That is the virus. This is protests. Two entirely different things.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

Let’s not forget that these same NBA players put up their own money to pay stadium workers when the covid shutdown first occurred.

munchy
    NULL

tongue

Attachments:
    1. 118330962_10217081810182222_4967822824712770543_n.jpg

Viewing 28 posts - 31 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.