Musky update?

• Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Hey I was thinking of going out to leech for muskies this weekend I haven’t been out there yet this year. How is the bite is there a pattern? Thank you for the info

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Allen,

Was out on Leech last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My fishing partner took 26th out of 600 plus anglers in the Frank Schneider Memorial Musky Tournament. First in the womens division. The fish are shallow…no shock there! Seems like the most consistent action was in the milfoil. Burning bucktails (HoneyHoleLures) over the tops and if you can key on points or smaller “clumps” you should see some fish anyway. There are also plenty of fish on the shallow rocks but they got beat up pretty hard last week. Pelican Island was popular of course. We boated 3 fish with the biggest being 47 and 1/2 inches. Lost one at the boat that may have been slightly larger. All on Honey Hole Lures custom Topless Dancers.

Attachments:
    1. HoneyHoleLures-2.jpg

2. First-day-fish-2.jpg

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Nice that is great info I will be fishing a tournament up there next year for sure. I never heard of Honey hole baits how do I get a hold of them? I always like getting a hold of new baits and trying a good verity. I love that more women are getting into musky fishing and especially on the tournament circuit. I have been getting my girlfriend into it and she is starting to get the hang of it. Good job and thank you for the info again. One more thing what was the water temp?

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Yep, throw bucktails or topwater anywhere that’s shallow, 2-5 f.o.w. has been best for me. Play the wind if you can and you might find a bunch of fish in a small area as we did on tuesday afternoon when we lost four and landed four in a short three hour outing. Reeds, sand, or rocks are all in play right now.

Cheers and hook-sets!

Attachments:
    1. DSC02279.jpg

2. DSC02276.jpg

3. DSC02269.jpg

4. DSC02264.jpg

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Water is ~66 in Walker bay and 62-64 on the big lake.

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Phil is right on. I am headed out guiding on Leech today. Gotta be quick… You can find Honey Hole Lures at Thousand Lakes Sporting Goods in Cohasset or you can contact Stacey directly for “your” color. http://www.honeyholelures.com. They are fantastic looking baits! The pressured fish haven’t seen these before. Each bait is hand tied one at a time and they will produce.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1918-1.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.