Musky Replica

• Ryan Scholl

Over the weekend my dad caught a beauty of a musky while we were staying up at Crawford’s in Sioux Narrows. We snapped some pictures and got some measurements quickly and sent her back down the hole. He would like to get a replica of it made. Which taxidermist do people recommend in MN to do a musky replica? We’re both just trying to do our homework on who does a good job.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

For MN or clear-water LotW muskie I’d go Lax. Also for walleye.

For WI or stained-water LotW muskie I’d go Fittante. Also for pike.

They’re both great artists, just use slightly different color palettes that I think match different patterns of fish.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’ve used LAX and was happy with the job he did. But also like the fish Fittante does too. If you aren’t in a real hurry, you could wait for the muskie expo. They will both be there and have plenty of fish to check out. They also usually have a discount they offer at the show. I think it was something like 10% or free shipping.

CRAIG HOLLAND

Fittantee is the best for sure. Lax is good but Joe is on another level.

Brady Valberg

Top notch brookings sd
    Very good work
    Tntaxidermy.com

martyb

Artistic Anglers in Duluth did my 50. Beautiful

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

X2 on Artistic Anglers

Ryan Scholl

Went with Fibertech Productions out of Nisswa, MN. Very impressed. Turn around time was super fast too.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Went with Fibertech Productions out of Nisswa, MN. Very impressed. Turn around time was super fast too.

Well…? Do you have a pic to share?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.