Musky Expo

• Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Anyone know if the Musky Expo will cancel due to weather this weekend?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I’d be surprised given the logistics to set up, but just in case it’s open until 9 tonight.
    Just Google the website before heading out.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Let us know what you get if you go

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

if you can find a bar fighter let us know too!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I am leaving work early today to head up. I was going to go Saturday but don’t want to deal with the weather.

if you can find a bar fighter let us know too!

I am not sure what a bar fighter is.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I will keep an eye out for you. Nice looking bait.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

I think bar fighter is musky talk for BIG “F”ing lure!!! I kept waiting for a massive fish to just come up and inhale that thing.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

I can only go on Sunday so my odds aren’t too good at the moment. I’d be coming from the southern burbs which only makes matters worse. Then my truck is in the shop so I won’t have the beast to brave the snow… Man this is starting to sound like a country music song.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I can only go on Sunday so my odds aren’t too good at the moment. I’d be coming from the southern burbs which only makes matters worse. Then my truck is in the shop so I won’t have the beast to brave the snow… Man this is starting to sound like a country music song.

I usually go every year and whether they officially cancel tomorrow and/or Sunday, it looks like the weather will cancel for me trying to go.

Kind of disappointed because I was looking to get a couple Hook’em Holloway lures at the show. sad

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Hookem Holloways…
    Bar Fighters…
    I’m assuming a Bull Dawg would be good.
    What’s a good bucktail? Any preferences?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

For Mille Lacs Black skirt orange blades.

Smackem33

For Mille Lacs Black skirt orange blades.

Oh yeah I don’t have one of these! had a couple made from a buddy blue chrome blades and red black. He put hard plastic beads between the spinner clevises so it’s not metal on metal and extra weight to keep em down while trolling fast….. No bites on em. Have to get black skirt orange blade one

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Sorry I didn’t see the bar fighter lure at the musky expo. I might have missed it since my seven year old kept running around. It was hard to keep an eye on him with me drooling over all the lures. I almost thought he did a 5 finger discount on an item but a station gave it to him for free. It was well worth the trip. It cost me $10 to get in and my son was free. He was able to make 3 lures that he is very proud of for free and can’t wait to use them on the musky rod I made him. The lures cost more than what it cost me to get in. When we got home he wanted to fill the tub and test the lures with his new rod. I also picked up a handful of new lures. I just can’t help myself. I have been going to this for around 15 years and always find something I want to try. I highly recommend going and the seminars are helpfully for the new bee’s.
    Warring your wallet will hurt later. It always does. But that’s part of the sickness. waytogo

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The pic of the lures didn’t come through the first time for some reason.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Well I will have to post them from my work computer later. I don’t know why it wont go thru.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

I made it to the expo too… Man they have a lot of lures out there. And the Taxidermy guys were awesome too. I ended up getting a way bigger landing net than I originally had planned to purchase but with 20% off it was the same price so I couldn’t pass it up.. Then i found a guy with a rack of plastics that was 3 for $20… They look just like a Bull Dawg so I grabbed 3 of those too… I can see how you could end up spending a ton of money at that thing though.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Here are the 3 lures my son was able to make at the Musky Expo.

Attachments:
    1. 20190308_212927.jpg

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Those are awesome Rodwork. You know he’s going to get the bug to build his own lures if he ever lands a big fish with one of those. LOL…

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

He has gotten the bug to make his own lures. We make spinner baits, bucktails, jigs… It’s great. I will be working on a rod and he will be next to me tying up some lures. The only problem now is he wants to use mom’s nail polish to paint my bulldawgs.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Ha… you can put lipstick on a pig but you can’t put nail polish on a Bulldawg. LOL…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I would have probably gone, if I knew my son could make his own lures there. Have to make a mental note on that one for next year….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.