Mr. Boley on Mille Lacs

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

“Gonna’ let him go right away cause he’s bleeding a little bit, but he’ll be just fine”

Maybe he should feed even more line on a lindy rig when fishing strictly a C&R lake in the heat of summer coffee

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

who is he?

the_hat
    SE Metro

“Gonna’ let him go right away cause he’s bleeding a little bit, but he’ll be just fine”

Maybe he should feed even more line on a lindy rig when fishing strictly a C&R lake in the heat of summer coffee

Who cares?
    Should he stitch it up? Keep it out of water longer so you can complain how long it was out?
    Short set the hook on every bite so he just misses them all? Why not just dump the leeches or crawlers in the water then and go to the bar if so.

A 25” fish inhales a reef runner down 30’ on lead core and has 6 trebles in him, is that different??

Pretty sure “they” wanted it this way, so it’s this way. Get over it. It’s never going to change.

Net the damn thing empty or open it to no regs so we don’t have to hear about it anymore.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Maybe he should feed even more line on a lindy rig when fishing strictly a C&R lake in the heat of summer

Haha. Or let the bobber stay down for 10 seconds before setting the hook. They all do it on the launches!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Who cares?
    Should he stitch it up? Keep it out of water longer so you can complain how long it was out?
    Short set the hook on every bite so he just misses them all? Why not just dump the leeches or crawlers in the water then and go to the bar if so.

A 25” fish inhales a reef runner down 30’ on lead core and has 6 trebles in him, is that different??

Pretty sure “they” wanted it this way, so it’s this way. Get over it. It’s never going to change.

Net the damn thing empty or open it to no regs so we don’t have to hear about it anymore.

Triggered much? shock

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Still curious is this a guy you all know ?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Still curious is this a guy you all know ?

He’s very well known on YouTube

Dang I must have missed him, I’ve never heard of him.

Angler II

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>the_hat wrote:</div>

Who cares?

Triggered much? shock

As the saying goes, watch your own bobber.

shefland
    Walker

some of the very best how to fishing videos on the internet, you tube. The lake is open to fishing, but for now catch and release. No laws broken. Lets face is Mille Lacs management is a mess.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Easily my favorite Youtuber. Very informative!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

some of the very best how to fishing videos on the internet, you tube. The lake is open to fishing, but for now catch and release. No laws broken. Lets face is Mille Lacs management is a mess.

I agree Dave.

I’m starting to grow weary of all the “judging” about how/where people fish and their methods.

If one is fishing a lake where harvest is allowed, mortality occurs when keepers are harvested for the frying pan. If you catch deeply hooked “shorts” or “overs”, you cut the line and hope they make it.

Yes, Mille Lacs is C&R but on Leech or LOTW you keep a few and release a few. Those you release may end up hooking mortality too.

Either way, there will be mortality.

The only way to prevent fish dying would be to ban all angling.

Side note: The walleyes Boley brought in sure looked healthy and that one smallie was a tank.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

This is nothing against anyone making the supposition that buckybadger made. In an effort to preserve the fish we have it’s simply a necessary part of the deal.

Having said that and with all due respect to bb, I stepped up to support Holst/Sorenson in the making of their fantastic North Shore lake trout video(s) and would do the very same for Mr. Boley in this particular case. In both cases we have fishing professionals that believe they are doing the right thing with the fish they catch and show off (and yes I know of some that don’t). In this case he mentioned that water temp was 71 and other than the unhooking which I’ve watched him do on other vids through the gills.

Mortality occurs, and bleeding fish doesn’t mean a death sentence. I’ve heard of and seen gills ripped and visibly healed with the fish in great shape at the time of their recapture. Subscribe and watch more of his videos, he has become a great resource of learning new technology and application, even for this old coger.

Mark

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Subscribe and watch more of his videos, he has become a great resource of learning new technology and application, even for this old coger.

Mark

I did just that Mark and here’s part 2. He’s figured out something currently very relevant.

Recent reports and experiences have found the fishing far more challenging lately. Lots of searching, not marking much unless you get lucky and find that hotspot.

Almost right away he discovered they were spread out and scattered over deeper basins, roaming well off the structure and away from the mid-lake mud flats.

This does explain a lot.

Watch if you wish, although I cannot guarantee no walleye’s were harmed in this video. whistling

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Tom’s a decent guy with a wealth of great fishing info. I only watch the ones with his gal in them lol

tim hurley

‘Look I am reeling in a fish’
    ‘ Look I caught another!”
    ‘Ooooh thats, a big one!”
    That is the script for almost every fishing show, high budget or low. Tom gives you as much info as possible, he produces so much and struggles sometimes too.
    He even sometimes makes me want to fish in that sate that starts with the letter ‘W’

Beast

His video’s are very informative,he appears to know what he’s doing, and he appears to be very successful as a fisherman……people hate that someone else can be that much better than them at something.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Who cares?

Triggered much? shock

Actually. No.
    But let’s see…….someone shares a link of a guy that probably catches more walleyes in a week than you or most do in a month(me included), not to mention the wealth of info he is on methods and technology, and the first thing you point out is he gives the fish too much line. Legally fishing a lake, but doing it wrong, Of course.
    So what do you expect????

When you climb up on your pedestal and put the badge on to sit at the keyboard, do you wear it on the left or right????!??!! Just curious.

Carry on🤣🤣🤣🤣

the_hat
    SE Metro

Who cares?

Triggered much? shock

Actually. No.
    But let’s see…….someone shares a link of a guy that probably catches more walleyes in a week than you or most do in a month(me included), not to mention the wealth of info he is on methods and technology, and the first thing you point out is he gives the fish too much line. Legally fishing a lake, but doing it wrong, Of course.
    So what do you expect????

When you climb up on your pedestal and put the badge on to sit at the keyboard, do you wear it on the left or right????!??!! Just curious.

Carry on🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Nice to see a good old fashioned argument that doesn’t include the virus. I’ve only watched two or three of his videos that have been posted here and I like his content.

Billy J

I like his content. x2

Red Eye

I actually thought he was setting the hook way faster than I normally do.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I will have to look in to some of his other videos

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I will have to look in to some of his other videos

I’ve been watching them throughout the course of this somewhat rainy Sunday and I’m not out fishing myself, so why not?

I have to say I’m becoming more impressed with his style. He usually goes solo and does his own recording. He has a manner of speaking as if you the viewer were right there along and he’s talking directly to you.

Here’s one I rate high on the entertainment level, whether you like ice fishing, muskie’s, pike, or walleyes.

The suspense you can feel as a viewer and this is one of the rare one’s where I was literally sitting on the edge of my chair.

Here you go…

B-man

He’s a great fisherman, and teaches people a lot about their electronics toast

God forbid a walleye he catches bleeds a little…..

I guarantee it would have bled more if it was laying on the cutting board lol

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Maybe he should feed even more line on a lindy rig when fishing strictly a C&R lake in the heat of summer

Bucky wait til you hear what people do to walleyes on non-CnR lakes, you won’t believe it! rotflol rotflol Just giving you a hard time, but feeding line is pretty standard operating procedure while Lindy Rigging, not sure what else he should be doing. I like Tom Boley and his videos, pretty informative.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Bucky wait til you hear what people do to walleyes on non-CnR lakes, you won’t believe it! rotflol rotflol Just giving you a hard time, but feeding line is pretty standard operating procedure while Lindy Rigging, not sure what else he should be doing. I like Tom Boley and his videos, pretty informative.

Yeah, like in WI we can use them for bait rotflol

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I think Tom Boley makes some great videos. I used some of the tactics I learned from his channel to put a bunch of fish into my boat this year. He is one of the better ones out there.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.