Motorguide Xi5 Troubleshooting

• waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Xi5 on my old man’s boat started acting up a couple weeks ago, and have had some trouble narrowing down the issue. The motor will kick on when deployed, and the little lights on the motor show that it has good power and signal to the satellites, but it won’t respond to either the remote or the foot pedal, which both had batteries replaced to eliminate that source of the issue. Ordered a new control board, because everything we read at the time suggested that should be the issue, but didn’t change anything. Both the remote and foot pedal have been re-paired with the unit as well. Anyone go through this before?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

When you say its been repaired was it a refurbished unit when purchased?

Have you tried re- syncing the foot & remote controls?

I own one but haven’t had those issues.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Sorry, when I said “re-paired” I meant to say re-synced…which we did with both of the controls. I am planning on calling Motorguide, but was just curious if anyone had any tips on here as well. The unit itself was on the boat when he purchased it (used) a couple years ago.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Gotcha.
    I love mine except for one thing, theres no speed indicator on the remote. I’m not a fan of counting how many times I’ve pressed the speed button. Is there something I’m missing?
    Sorry for the partial hijack! waytogo

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Gotcha.
    I love mine except for one thing, theres no speed indicator on the remote. I’m not a fan of counting how many times I’ve pressed the speed button. Is there something I’m missing?
    Sorry for the partial hijack! waytogo

That has been my ONLY gripe as well. Even if there was just the tiniest screen with a single digit to indicate the power level, I would be happy. Otherwise the motor has performed great….until recently.

pass0047
    Pool4

Not having screen was a pain until I networked trolling motor with depth finder an now gives percentage of trust using.

However when in spot lock it does not. Just says spot lock. Would like to know how much trust to evaluate current on wingdams better.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

For me the trouble started when I bought a Motorguide. The only thing that fixed it was buying a MinnKota.

rswan
    Lakeville, MN

Have run one of these for 4 years, love it. If you come to resolution please let us know. Good luck.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love my xi5 besides it needed a update at the worst time when I needed spot lock.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.