Minnesota River Cat help.

• craigrbox
    Bloomington, MN

Heading out with my brother and his kid tomorrow afternoon to fish the MN for cats for the first time. I have fished the Croix north of Stillwater and from the looks of it there seems to be a lot less snags to fish in this part of the MN. We are launching at the 35w launch by black dog, any suggestions for what type of structure to try in this area. Hoping to get him on some cats as he was skunked when I took him on the Croix.

larry_haugh
    MN

There are some good spots around 35W. One of the areas that you might want to check out are rip rap sections where they start and end. You will see a big discharge by the launch across the river. Its usually packed with shore fisherman, but go down from it a little and give it a shot.
    Cut bait has been working good, as well as small, medium suckers. There are some holes in the area also, watch your electronics, if you see activity… fish it.
    Use caution if your fishing the main channel.. the barges are running hard to wrap up the season, make sure to give them plenty of clearance.
    Good Luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.