Flatheads and noise

• mfreeman451

I just finished reading a great article from the Minneapolis Fishing Banditos after being reunited with their website when someone posted a link regarding the blackdog site. Well needless to say I am glad I finally found their site again. So the article I just read says that flatheads are extremely sensitive to noise. This might explain why we only ran into channel cats on the last outing since we were moving around on the boat quite a bit trying to get comfortable. What I’d really like to know is if the bait bucket I just bought with the portable aerator was causing me any problems? You could definitely hear it in the boat and it was sitting on the bottom, do you think I should try and insulate it or set it on top of a cushion of some sorts? What do other people do about this sort of thing?

Here is a quote from the article:

other observations: avoid areas with high boating or other recreational activities. if there is ANY noise, flatheads will turn away. just shifting your rear end in a seat cushion, could be enough to slow the action for another hour. avoid excessive light. flatheads avoid light. although I suspect mostly in the higher frequencies(toward blue). “

http://www.geocities.com/shimizunet/FLATHEADcatfish.html

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.