Black dog

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Gave black dog road a try saturday morning. No luck at all. Tryed 2 different channels from shore and also tryed hidden falls boat ramp. Not even a bite. It was a nice morning out and I was happy to try these spots for the first time.
    Any fish been coming from black dog road yet this year? Anyone know if there is much of a morning bite there. I was there about 4 am. Maybe they where just not awake yet.

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

I fish there from shore a little bit later. I noticed a lot of gulls over the inlet near 35 this morning. There must be something going on down there!

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Mike –
    I’ve been hitting that stretch of the MN a few times so far, and the ‘eyes seem to be a little deeper. I’m waiting for the night-bite to take off soon, but the river needs to clear up some first. All of my fish have come about an hour before sundown. I wouldn’t consider the bite to be hot yet, but if you do hook into one, more than likely it will be a nice fish. Every time I’ve tried…. I get one-maybe 2 fish, but all of them have been 28-30″ pigs. I will be conentrating more on Pool 2 and the MN after this week.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.