Report 11/18

• rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Well, the bite is still there, you just have to hit it right. Word has gotten out, and there have been quite a few people giving it a try down by Blackdog. I have been doing better at the east outlet, but guys are doing well at the west end using jig/minnow or floating jig combos. The numbers are better there, but the size is on the small side. On the east outlet, I have been getting a fish or two on 1/8 knuckleball with a big kalin tail. I stuck a nice 25 1/2, and a few around the 19-20″ range.
    Sounds like if you have a boat, you can do better during the daytime fishing eddies and current seams during the day in 20-25 ft.

NatJoe
    Eagan, MN

I’ve been trying to explore the section of the Minnesota in Fort Snelling Park near the boat launch and the Mendota Bridge. Haven’t found anything yet from shore but it sure is nice to still be fishing open water (even if the catching is scarce).

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Have you tried that channel down river from the M<endota bridge. I threw some jigs from the boat there last time I was out with no luck. Didnt try the night bite. The delta coming out of there is 1 to 2 feet deep with clear water running out of it. When it hits the main channel it drops to 25'+ of water. The only rock I found there was just up stream of it. There is a little bar that sticks out. Anyone been given this spot any attention?

NatJoe
    Eagan, MN

Yes, there’s that channel that forms Pike Island that empties into the Minnesota just downstream from the Mendota bridge. I’ve walked out there a couple of times near evening and nothing so far. I rarely use live bait so I’ve been throwing Kalin 5″ grubs, Senko grubs, plastic shads, sinking Shad Raps, even threw some spoons. I use an 8 1/2 foot spinning rod and have tried drifting light jigs down the current edges as well. I walked all the way out to the tip of Pike Island a few weeks ago. That’s quite a hike though. You need more than a couple of hours if you’re going to hit the Confluence.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just noticed that my last post looks a little short. Sounds like you figured out what I was talking about anyways. No fish there yet. I didnt have any luck either. The side channel looks to be all sand bottom about 1′ to2′ deep but drops into 25’+ of water as it hits the main channel. There does seem to be a little rock structure just up stream from it. Maybe that is what needs to be targeted at night. Good luck

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Anyone been down here lately fishing from shore or the boat?
    Just wondering on how the bite is going?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.