Southwest Minnesota bass fishing??

• dylan-gravenhof
    Worthington, MN

is there really any good lakes here in southwest mn??

linder 1
    New Ulm, MN

You know, i’ve been asking that same question for many years now. I think all the better lakes are up north>

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Dylan,

Here’s a link to the DNR Website:

Laker Finder

It’s an application they have called Lake Finder. You can read the reports they have on Minnesota lakes and also download maps. Maybe you could look up local area lakes and see what the DNR has to say about them.

The other thing you can do is hang around bait shops. Buy something…..and then start asking questions. You might get a few good ideas from that.

Good luck and let us know about your success!

Rootski

dylan-gravenhof
    Worthington, MN

Quote:

You know, i’ve been asking that same question for many years now. I think all the better lakes are up north>

yeah.. or sometimes i go down around Okoboji in Iowa

dylan-gravenhof
    Worthington, MN

thanx a lot Rootski.. ill have to check it out and find some new places to get on the water!!

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Quote:

is there really any good lakes here in southwest mn??

My buddy holds a little tourney every year on Sleepy eye lake. winning 5 fish usually 15-20 pounds

flatlandfowler

Yes, much better than one would think. How well do you know the okiboji spirit lake area? Would be willing to do some open seat sharing or info swapping. Shoot me a PM if your serious about your inquiry.

dylan-gravenhof
    Worthington, MN

Quote:

Yes, much better than one would think. How well do you know the okiboji spirit lake area? Would be willing to do some open seat sharing or info swapping. Shoot me a PM if your serious about your inquiry.

im only 14.. so i always go out with my dad yet.. so i couldnt open seat but im always happy to swap info!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.