Show us your bucks!

• irishman

Did anyone shoot a buck this year?

I am looking at going to a deer blind/deer tower in 2014. Does anyone have any recommendations? Would you recommending building or buying. Can you get anything pre-fab for under $700?
    What does your deer tower look like?

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

I have built a couple. One lesson learned is to use the Elevator product to secure the legs to the platform. Also, recommend that you use the auger type anchors screwed into the ground with chains bolted to the legs to keep your tower from tipping over in high winds. Take it from me, its a real pain when they blow over.

Mnfisher2015
    Milaca, MN

Build your own from personal experience, just make sure to secure it well! We have one made of old scaffolding that my dad got from work and put a box on top. Works great!! We have it secured with 4 come alongs

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Unfortunately, the little bit of time I had to bow hunt this year (which has been a common theme the last couple of years) left me eating my archery tag. I passed on a couple of smaller but decent bucks and had a couple of encounters with big ones but just couldn’t get it done. Even though I never released an arrow, I feel like I had a successful hunt after learning some hard earned lessons. I’m definitely looking forward to gun season and hope to put the hammer down on one of those big ones .

irishman

What do you think that deer condo cost you to make?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.