shutdown??

• bigmocs

anyone know how long the shutdown is going to be i have a trip in 2 weeks and some of the people dont have there fishing license

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I don’t think anyone really knows how long it takes a room full of politicians to remove their heads from their colon.

mnicholson
    River Falls, WI

Quote:

I don’t think anyone really knows how long it takes a room full of politicians to remove their heads from their colon.

a1a

You might have to switch up your plans and go to the Science Museum. It’s still open and getting funded for some strange reason.

Are your buddies from out of state? Is it possible to buy a nonresident license for Mn. in another state?

Todders

I saw a post earlier that said to stop at a bait shop, buy something and save the receipt to show you tried. Good enough for me if I was in a jam?

das_bass
    Mound, MN

Quote:

I saw a post earlier that said to stop at a bait shop, by something and save the receipt to show you tried. Good enough for me if I was in a jam?

That info seems to have come from a reliable source.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

I saw a post earlier that said to stop at a bait shop, buy something and save the receipt to show you tried. Good enough for me if I was in a jam?

May be good enough for you in a jam, but the radio and tv made it clear that no licenses would be available and that IF you already had your license YOU would be able to fish. I’m betting that a signed receipt might be good for a ticket. But who knows.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Quote:

I saw a post earlier that said to stop at a bait shop, by something and save the receipt to show you tried. Good enough for me if I was in a jam?

That info seems to have come from a reliable source.

I wouldn’t call me a “reliable source.”

I posted that in the “common sense ” thread last week after some people started freaking out about the shut down. JJ posted the link that seems to answer the question.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Thanks Jon.

This article takes some of the sting out of this quandry. Gotta feel bad for people who have planned vacations to Minnesota for a year only to find out licenses to fish are not available right now. At least people can fish and maybe have to stop if checked and they don’t have the license….at least they aren’t going to get fined.

bigmocs

thanks for the info and the help guys. we dont leave for fishing until the 21 so hopefully the shutdown will be over by then but its not looking good

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Thanks Jon.

This article takes some of the sting out of this quandry. Gotta feel bad for people who have planned vacations to Minnesota for a year only to find out licenses to fish are not available right now. At least people can fish and maybe have to stop if checked and they don’t have the license….at least they aren’t going to get fined.

they ask you to stop, but it does not mention fish in your posession. what happens then? or even to them? do they take them? make you release them if possible? just curious. not trying to stir the pot.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ll leave that one alone since the issue wasn’t addressed in the article….at least not that I could see.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.