MN Opener (Roll Call)

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The last few years ive fished the horseshoe chain with a buddy who lives on it. Probably will do the same this year. Where will you be going for opener?

Riverrat

The OTR should be around 50 degrees by then so Crappie will be in and the water is already going down to a reasonable level for some bank fishing.

Reef W

Vermilion, opener and 2nd weekend too.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Always wanted to Troll Mille Lacs at midnight. Maybe ice fishing it this year the way things are going.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Big Sandy for opener weekend, but will be more of a work weekend. Looking forward to the following weekend on Cass.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Cedar lake if the ice goes out

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

Big Sandy for opener weekend, but will be more of a work weekend. Looking forward to the following weekend on Cass.

Big Sandy for me as well. If it’s not flooded…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Generally I hit the river as it’s empty on the inland opener. This year I might have to trailer somewhere and see what this “Opener” is all about somewhere else due to flooding. I’ve got a call in with a couple college buddies who like Mille Lacs and the surrounding small lakes.

Walleye Hungry

Leech/Winnie…secretly hoping they stay frozen so i can have the challenge of fishing smaller lakes around the cabin. When the big lakes are open we always do well so its tough not to hit them

JoeMX1825
    MN

The last few years ive fished the horseshoe chain with a buddy who lives on it. Probably will do the same this year. Where will you be going for opener?

How will the water levels be though? Couldn’t fish it last year…

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Jarl wrote:</div>

Big Sandy for me as well. If it’s not flooded…

Looks like it will crest in the next few days as long as we don’t get a lot of rain. Hopefully it drops enough and they don’t go no-wake for opener.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

It turns into fishing from the dock most openers anyway!

Dan Baker

Minnetonka for me. Crappie should be on fire and we managed a few keeper walleye too last year.

mrpike1973

Depends on the wind but locally for me

orve4

Saturday I will be the first to admit we will be at the Luke Combs concert. Sunday we will probably go to a local lake and cast for some northerns or panfish.

The follow Thursday we will head to the Cass Lake area and will probably fish either red or Winnie

Michael Best

Otter tail for me. Have always thrown jigs and shiners when I have fished it on opener.
    Hopefully I can come up with some shiners. If not it’s going to be plan B and I hope the fish are good with it.
    We did very well on opener last year. So looking for a repeat performance this year. We will see I guess.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Ill be pitching jigs for eyes at an undisclosed location in the metro. Ready for it to be here!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We usually do Mille lacs midnight and fish till noon.
    Wi opener will be Franconia area on the Croix if water starts to receed

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Otter Tail as well. If the minnow game isn’t possible, I’ll break out the jerk baits. Hope to see that river flowin’ hard.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I used to do the midnight thing on Mille Lacs with lighted bobbers. Don’t have the energy or will power do that anymore.

I’ll likely be fishing around my house somewhere. Probably tossing a jerk bait.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Hockey tournament in Stillwater, likely.

May drag the boat along and try the river for a little puck and cast if time allows.

ThunderLund78

At the Cabin on Fish Trap Lake in the Lincoln Lakes/Motley area. Doubt I’ll top last year with a limit of healthy crappies the Friday before and then catch my PB walleye and PB crappie on Saturday. But I’m sure gonna try.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Mille Lacs for opener. Probably sun rise in the north end sand this year with late ice out. Then up to Vermilion mid week.

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Red if the ice is gone.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

At the Cabin on Fish Trap Lake in the Lincoln Lakes/Motley area. Doubt I’ll top last year with a limit of healthy crappies the Friday before and then catch my PB <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye and PB <em class=”ido-tag-em”>crappie on Saturday. But I’m sure gonna try.

Brings back memories. Spent many years around that area visiting inlaws.

Michael Best

Otter Tail as well. If the minnow game isn’t possible, I’ll break out the jerk baits. Hope to see that river flowin’ hard.

What size would you throw if you were to use a Husky jerk?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

A smaller local lake that I fished late fall a few times and caught multiple bass over 5 lbs.

WI opener I’ll be on Chetek.

Charles

Boat is sold tomorrow, so no where (

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

A smaller local lake that I fished late fall a few times and caught multiple bass over 5 lbs.

WI opener I’ll be on Chetek.

Make sure when you post the pics you don’t add the lake name lol.

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

Lake Vermillion, west end.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.