MN High School Hockey Tournament

• futurepoorperson

White Bear Lake is gearing up to deliver a knockout blow to Hill-Murray tonight!

Hoyt4
    NULL

We can hope and then hope they actually can get their first win in a state tourney.

Thursday is almost here and can’t wait going to be a fun few days of hockey.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I noticed more section games being televised this year. Hope to see this pattern take hold the next few seasons and possibly some top regular season matchups as well.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ya I agree with Edina being 1 and Chan being 2. Beyond that it’s more open and unknown with seeds.

Tonka should not have lost but they weren’t as good last season and won state. Not like Chan is a cupcake. They only had 5 losses this season and one of them was to the Skippers.

Would much prefer to see White Bear over HM tonight.

blackbay
    mn

My conspiracy theory is taking shape with Tonka and Lakeville out. That may ease the much hated Edina’s path a bit. I forsee an old fashion North vs South final. Hopefully Grand Rapids taps into some of that old Iron Range magic and brings the championship back north.

Charlie W

Anyone have any links for streaming tonight’s games??

Ripjiggen

My conspiracy theory is taking shape with Tonka and Lakeville out. That may ease the much hated Edina’s path a bit. I forsee an old fashion North vs South final. Hopefully Grand Rapids taps into some of that old Iron Range magic and brings the championship back north.

Your crystal ball foggy…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

WBL 1, HM 0. Second intermission.

Charlie W

WBL in. First time since when?

Ripjiggen

Tourney wide open. Edina has to be heavy favorite at this point followed by Chan…should be fun.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I agree, Edina and Chan will be 1 and 2.

Just looking at Chan’s schedule, they have won 16 out of their last 17 games which includes wins over ranked teams like Hill Murray, Benilde, Shakopee, and Minnetonka. They look like they are peaking at the right time.

Charlie W

How bout a roch rapids final? Unlikely but would love to see it.

Depending on seeds I think it will be chan on top. Edina is going to choke.

Warroad Maht for a rematch of last year with Warroad in OT

futurepoorperson

Perhaps ?

1. Edina
    2. Chanhassen
    3. White Bear Lake
    4. Centennial
    5. Grand Rapids
    6. Cretin-Derham Hall
    7. Rochester Century
    8. Elk River

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Can’t believe it. We never win that game against Hill. Tough call at the end of the game giving the bears the pp, but man is it good to knock them off.

So I’ve got WB and Maht to cheer for this year.

Justin riegel

Perhaps ?

1. Edina
    2. Chanhassen
    3. White Bear Lake
    4. Centennial
    5. Grand Rapids
    6. Cretin-Derham Hall
    7. Rochester Century
    8. Elk River

Mine would be
    1. Edina
    2. Chanhassen
    3. Centennial
    4. Grand Rapids
    5. White Bear
    6. Elk River
    7. Rochester Century
    8. Cretin

Wildlifeguy

Admittedly not much of a hockey guy, but it’d be a hell of a year for my boys to see their school sweep the Fall/Winter championships,(no one cares about basketball anyway grin ) and beat Edina in both.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    Would much prefer to see White Bear over HM tonight.

I think about everyone would.

Well there’s much rejoicing in WBL as the Bears got it done.

Hill never got anything going and the WBL keeper kept everything away with few good rebounds given. It was more like tennis than hockey, back and forth and back and forth and… Can’t complain about the penalties, equal calls, all of them were obvious, and no blatant no-calls either.

Next year, same time, same place. Almost set your watch to it.

Elimination of Tonka makes the AA a lot more interesting. Chan and Edina are both on a tear and somebody is going to have to play really well to break their momentum.

As always, I’ll be cheering for the Rapids, but it’s hard not to love Chan as well after the game they played just to finally get in.

And in A nice to see the mix of teams. I have a soft spot for Warroad.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m not that up to date with Class A which starts today. I presume Warroad and Hermantown will be the favorites being that they are the top 2 seeds. Maybe Mahtomedi? I think they are the defending class A champs after they ruined Warroad’s perfect season last year.

CaptainMusky

Its going to be Hermantown. Though Id rather have Warroad.

Walleye Hungry

As a White Bear Alumni (who is still in the tournament for now), anyone but hill murray for state champion

Its all gravy now boys…with that said. Can we break the curse of first round exits? Sure hope so. 0-19 is a tough break. Also I think someone said 2011 was the last appearance when I think it was actually 2019.

Go Bears

tswoboda

Warroad’s not that good. They have 1 really good line and 1 really good defenseman but after that pretty slim. I mean that can get it done in single A but don’t expect them to dominate. They made it to state on 4 powerplay goals in a 4-3 OT game, albeit against a good EGF team.

CaptainMusky

Yeah I know Warroad isnt that good, but Id rather they win than Hermantown. Northfield would be sorta fun too for a first time.

futurepoorperson

I’m thinking St.Cloud Cathedral will win the ‘A’ Championship.
    Sorry Hermantown.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.