MN High School Hockey Tournament

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Fat Lady is singing bye, bye Hawks.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think we can go ahead and put the Crusaders down as Class A champs.

Walleye Hungry

Cant wait for the end of the game…maybe then parrish will shut up

CaptainMusky

Well I certainly didn’t see this coming. Don’t take betting advice from me.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well I certainly didn’t see this coming. Don’t take betting advice from me.

jester I think we learned that a while ago. grin

blackbay
    mn

The hockey gods have deemed an Edina win so Sweet Lou can slobber over the Hornets one last time. I’m going to miss the man, but won’t be surprised by a guest appearance once in awhile. Hockey immortality.

Yep I was wrong on who’d they play, but I called the cake eaters in the final.

Come on Chanhassen what ever you’re called.

futurepoorperson

My opinion but, Chanhassen appears to be a more well-rounded team compared to the Hornets.
    It will be a fun game tonight.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Opening face-off, going to be a great game. Can Edina keep up with Chanhassen?

Ripjiggen

Chan scores another it may be over. Chan’s goalie hasn’t given up 3 in a game all year.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Chan scores another it may be over. Chan’s goalie hasn’t given up 3 in a game all year.

.96 GAA. Wow.

But as I type this the Cake score. 1-1 in the 3rd.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im just surprised they didnt give them a 5 minute major on that checking from behind.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Edina has been better this period. Chan controlled the play more in the first two periods.

Next goal is going to be enormous.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Im just surprised they didnt give them a 5 minute major on that checking from behind.

Correct that would be 5 all season long. Better yet this last power play Edina should have been called for interference.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Chan takes dumb penalty and it costs them. 2-1 Cake.

Chan need to get it together.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The fix is in. Lou going out with Edina on top. whistling

Ripjiggen

Man Edina knows how to win in March.

Umy
    South Metro

Went to the Warroad game in the morning. Their #25 d-man played almost every minute. They are a good hockey team. Tons of fun – forgot how much fun it was to go the tourney.
    I know it’s high school but I HATE that the penalties that were called were called when they were. Retaliation – Looks like the officials watched trhe whole thing and should have separated or taken both IMHO but not a hockey guru – it IS the STAE tourney – let em square off 5 on 5 instead of determining the game by a what was a fairly weak call considering all of the other calls that could have been made. SHOULDH HAVE been 5 minute boarding – especially with HS hockey.
    Chanhassen is a good hockey team.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hagen Burrows from Minnetonka has won the Mr Hockey award and Kam Hendrickson from Chan has won the Frank Brimsek award.

Burrows is a Denver recruit. Hendrickson is not currently a division 1 recruit.

Gitchi Gummi

Hendrickson is not currently a division 1 recruit.

that is crazy. I imagine he will at the very least, play in USHL next year given the show he put on in the term sheet

Ripjiggen

Not that crazy not many goalies are D1 recruits straight from high school anymore. Most go the junior route.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not that crazy not many goalies are D1 recruits straight from high school anymore. Most go the junior route.

I think most players in general have some sort of junior development route before they go D1, usually in the USHL. There used to be a fair amount of players that could go directly from HS to D1 but they are rare now compared to how it used to be.

Gitchi Gummi

Being committed to a college doesn’t mean you’re going right from high school to play in college. The majority of schools expect/want their recruits to play a year or 2 in the NA or US. That’s been standard for a long time. Only the cream of the crop, or the kids that are old for their grade, bypass juniors.

Kam Hendrickson has been dominating the last two years but had been flying under the radar until the last 2 weeks. The kid is legit and in my opinion, much better than the kid from proctor who is the only senior D1 goalie commit right now.

Ripjiggen

Worded it wrong. Not many HS goalies are D1 commits in general.
    Most colleges are getting older goalies to commit from juniors.

Well aware most all players are playing juniors.

Don’t disagree he is legit. Weird southpaw though.

CaptainMusky

Yeah everyone knows that goalies are late to bloom so no one really takes a shot on them out of HS unless they are an absolute stud. Still pissed at Craig Dahl for stealing the scholarship for my brother in favor of a Canuck!

Gitchi Gummi

Capt’n who was your brother? I’m also a former goalie, so feel like I can assess tenders better than most.

Ripjiggen

Capt’n who was your brother? I’m also a former goalie, so feel like I can assess tenders better than most.

I knew there was something a little off with you. jester

CaptainMusky

He played at Hutchinson and was undefeated his junior year when they went to state. Sucky part is they had another serviceable goalie and they split time. The only loss they had all year was a game my brother should have played because it was his turn but because the coach was stupid and had that you can’t beat a team 3 times in a year he started the other goalie and they lost 1-0 in first tourney game to red wing. Johnny Pohl who scored on everyone a lot never scored on my brother. His GAA that year was under 1

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.