Verdel/Running Water

• fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Anybody know what the water level is like?? I thought if the weater was nice I’d try one more trip to the river this weekend. When I mentioned it, someone said they thought it was shut off. They weren’t sure about above the lake; Springfield, Running Water, Verdel but below Yankton there was a lot of dry land where water use to be.

If anybody knows what the water’s suppose to be like this weekend I’d like to know.

Thanks Fluff

Terry Heese

Quote:

Anybody know what the water level is like?? I thought if the weater was nice I’d try one more trip to the river this weekend. When I mentioned it, someone said they thought it was shut off. They weren’t sure about above the lake; Springfield, Running Water, Verdel but below Yankton there was a lot of dry land where water use to be.

If anybody knows what the water’s suppose to be like this weekend I’d like to know.

Thanks Fluff

Put in @ Verdel on Sat, water was down about 4′ from the previous week.

Todd_NE

Were the duck hunters thick up there Terry?

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Been a few weeks sense I was there. Does “down 4′ from last week” still leave enough water at the ramp or are trailers falling off the concrete? I know the duck hunters launch small boats between the ramps on the gravel. I have to launch on the concrete ramp and if the water’s too low you’ll fall off the end.

Thanks, Fluff

Terry Heese

There were a few duck hunters up there, most of them were just getting set up. Not a lot of waterfowl moving.

The ramp was still ok, saw 5 or 6 deep V boats put in with no problem.

Terry

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Thanks for the report.

Fluff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.